How far predictions come true for those who were born by C-Section?

For discussion on planets, houses, signs, nakshatras, etc.
Forum rules
READ Forum-Wide Rules and Guidelines NOTICE: OFFENSIVE POSTS WILL BE DELETED, AND OFFENDERS WILL HAVE ALL POSTS MODERATED.
snsharma
Contributor
Contributor

How far predictions come true for those who were born by C-Section?

Post by snsharma » 23 Sep 2018

I consulted 2 or 3 astrologers..But none of their predictions were true.Perhaps I consulted novice.An old guy in my village told me that predictions would not happen for Caesarean-born.Please senior members show some light on it.

Note: I was born by Caesarean and a post-term baby.In that case what would be my birth time? The real birth time or the ideal birth time if I had been born normal?!

About me:
I have just started reading weekly predictions in magazines(It will be an insult to the real learners if I say that I have just started learning astrology :wink: ) I am surprised that every body in this forum uses JHora which i serendipitously found out in web while searching vedic suktas. It makes me feel I am in the right forum.

Sathya.

astrostar
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Re: How far predictions come true for those who were born by C-Section?

Post by astrostar » 12 Oct 2018

snsharma wrote:
23 Sep 2018
An old guy in my village told me that predictions would not happen for Caesarean-born.
This is wrong.
snsharma wrote:
23 Sep 2018
Note: I was born by Caesarean and a post-term baby.In that case what would be my birth time? The real birth time or the ideal birth time if I had been born normal?!
Take the real birth time, i.e., birth time when actually you were born.
snsharma wrote:
23 Sep 2018
I have just started reading weekly predictions in magazines(It will be an insult to the real learners if I say that I have just started learning astrology :wink: )
I do not feel any insult. I too came from that stage.
snsharma wrote:
23 Sep 2018
I am surprised that every body in this forum uses JHora which i serendipitously found out in web while searching vedic suktas. It makes me feel I am in the right forum.
In learning stage, can use Jhora.
but not useful for predictions.
Luminous Omnipotent Valley of Astrology

tejomaya
Contributor
Contributor

Post by tejomaya » 12 Oct 2018

astrostar wrote:
12 Oct 2018
In learning stage, can use Jhora.
but not useful for predictions.
Why do you say this ? Lots of people have found it useful for predictions as well..

astrostar
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by astrostar » 12 Oct 2018

@tejomaya
It is my opinion.

GNE
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by GNE » 13 Oct 2018

Astrostar is correct that the old man who said predictions can't be done for C-section baby's was wrong.

Astrostar,
I too was wondering why you said Jhora is not useful for predictions,
you replied to tejomaya saying it is your opinion - but that does not answer the question. Your opinion must have been formed by something, some reason to have to believe that jhora is not useful for predictions....so I must ask, what was that reason?

Is it that the settings are not to be trusted?
or the shadbal/planetary strengths are calculated incorrect? (which I believe this is possible anyway, though I and many others can still make predictions in jhora by not giving 100% emphasis on the shadbala nnumbers that show up there and just use them like a guide but still go and judge planet strengths in our heads using our own calculations).

So why have you formed that opinion against Jhora? Note, I am not trying to defend jhora - I honestly don't care if someone thinks it's crap or not, but I am just curious if you have found some legitimate issue with jhora's presentations of birth charts that has not been accurate. I'm sure other readers are also wondering (since many use jhora only) , and who knows, perhaps whatever you say will enlighten some and cause us to go try other software instead.
Thank you

astrostar
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by astrostar » 13 Oct 2018

GNE,

I agree I did not give a correct reply. So, excuse me, here I give the complete reply.

Everyone can surely utilize Jhora. It has all types of required calculations and I also use Jhora for sign chart and for all divisional charts. But I do not use it to study bhava chart for predicting events. For predictions, I do not recommend studying two separate charts - a sign chart and a bhava chart. My opinion is, it will become more easy for an astrologer if the house/bhava degrees are included in one separate single sign chart. If a chart displays planets and the bhava degrees too, then, can easily study planetary ownerships and placements in various signs as well as houses in one single chart. So, from presentation point of view only, I do not recommend Jhora. Other than this, the software is flawless.

In the initial reply, I should have appended - 'presentation point of view'.

GNE
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by GNE » 14 Oct 2018

Astrostar, it s true I Jhora isn't the best/easiest software for someone using bhava cusp degrees and things like KP system.
Of course the information is there in Jhora, but harder to utalize and not so simple to see at once without having to click many tabs/pages, like you said: the Presentation of house cusps aren't so easy to use accurately in jhora.

I thought maybe it was some issue where you notice Jhora uses incorrect latitude/longitude or timezone and is giving wrong chart details overall.

Thank you for clarifying what you meant.

snsharma
Contributor
Contributor

Post by snsharma » 14 Oct 2018

Astrostar,GNE

Which is important for astrological calculations? Conception time or birth time?!
Do I need any birth time rectification? I checked with the software..Lagna doesn't change if I change my birthtime +/- 30 minutes.
One of our senior members is of the opinion that JHora is error-prone.I have not used Jhora to your level. I used just to see yogas in my chart and to find any changes in my chart with Surya Sidhanta setting.

vedicmaths
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by vedicmaths » 14 Oct 2018

hello snsharma,

Jhora is absolutely flawless. If you have any doubt, you may please post a message in one of
the [No Personal Contact Details on Public Forum] groups named 'jhora'. The author of the software will reply to you.

All so called predictive softwares have incorporated few books/sutras to enable you see the
results of the combinations / aspects of the planets for the given chart at one go. It makes
it easier to see the " text book " readings without actually turning the pages of the books.
It makes the astro lazy by indirectly allowing him not to use his brain to study books in depth.
The underlying meaning of each sutra has to be seriously probed into as to why it has been
said so.

Jhora gives many options. The user of the software is supposed to keep them at his finger
tips. If one cannot do that , he has to devote sometime specially for it.

If one wants to study different ayanamsas at one go, you can open jhora twice with different
settings in each of them and name them as per their choice... One can name the jhora with
lahari ayanamsa as " jhora - lahari " and the other one with say " jhora-fagan ", etc.

If someone says jhora is error prone ( apart from the time zone ), let the person contact
the author of the software to understand things better.

truly yours,
vedicmaths.

astrostar
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by astrostar » 14 Oct 2018

snsharma wrote:
14 Oct 2018
Astrostar,GNE
Which is important for astrological calculations? Conception time or birth time?!
Conception time is not used to prepare horoscope.
Birth time is used to prepare the horoscope.
Conception time can be used to rectify the birth time.
snsharma wrote:
14 Oct 2018
Do I need any birth time rectification? I checked with the software..Lagna doesn't change if I change my birthtime +/- 30 minutes.
We can not say birth time rectification is not necessary if lagna does not change. An accurate lagna degree is very important for all calculations and event predictions. To find out the accurate degree in rising sign, and also to find all remaining house degrees, we need birth time verification/rectification.
snsharma wrote:
14 Oct 2018
One of our senior members is of the opinion that JHora is error-prone.I have not used Jhora to your level. I used just to see yogas in my chart and to find any changes in my chart with Surya Sidhanta setting.
VedicMaths gave a correct answer.

Regarding bhava settings in Jhora,
I prefer placidus house system, instead of equal house system.

Steps to set placidus house system in Jhora -
- select basics tab at top left corner
- click on "houses" tab at bottom of the window
- right click on the empty space on the houses list area
- from the popup menu, select "placidus houses (KP)"

astrostar
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by astrostar » 14 Oct 2018

GNE wrote:
14 Oct 2018
Astrostar, it s true I Jhora isn't the best/easiest software for someone using bhava cusp degrees and things like KP system.
Of course the information is there in Jhora, but harder to utalize and not so simple to see at once without having to click many tabs/pages, like you said: the Presentation of house cusps aren't so easy to use accurately in jhora.
GNE,

Yes.

Lex
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Lex » 14 Oct 2018

Query was Pertained tp Predictions... will it be true too for folks born through C-Sec ?

ANSWER is Yes.

Second query... JHora is error prone

Answer is Yes.

(Never mind, there are agents in forum working for Promo for JH), eve I don't mind you use Almanac calculations based on Vakya, but no software calculations.

Solution.... for Astrological calculations... Use your brain or manual calculations.. ( you have studied in School mathematics on Lats/Longs conversion, and also get trained Under a Qalified teacher on astrology. See that don't get trained under folks writing in Journals or Frauding Celebrity Charts)

vedicmaths
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by vedicmaths » 15 Oct 2018

hello all

It is natural for a few KP users to hate 'jhora'. The software was not developed for them
in the first place. The author of the software does not support KP methodolgy , but has
included it based on requests from KP users at a later date.

Many will claim that calculations are made manually, but purposefully hide the fact that
the ephemerides themselves are computerized. Without softwares, this world will
come to a stand still. For anything and everything a software is the base.

truly yours,
vedicmaths

snsharma
Contributor
Contributor

Post by snsharma » 21 Oct 2018

OMG! Other senior members may think that I have role-played 'Narada' here :wink: pulling senior members into argument.

To Vedicmaths:
I take your point on studying books than using softwares.

Regardig JHora:
I am just a beginner...I do not have the basic knowledge to understand astrological terms.. let alone pointing mistakes in JHora( I know that the author is a scholar with wide knowledge)

To Lex:
I have interest in astronomy from my school days.But recently I developed interest in astrology too.donno why.Maybe my Mercury mahadasha is going to start from Jan2019.I do not know whether it is a one-night stand or I will continue forever.I intend to learn through self-study.But in another thread, you insisted to learn astrology under any guru.I take your advice..(Recently I have shifted my house to just opposite of a astrologer's.He is former maths professor and teaches astrology.I try to join his classes).
I want to know whether my birth time needs rectification.If my birth time is not accurate, there is no point in asking predictions.I do not want to waste senior members valuable time in a flawed horoscope.

Lex,
I would appreciate you if you could suggest a book on mathematical part of astrology.

SNSharma

snsharma
Contributor
Contributor

Post by snsharma » 16 Dec 2018

There are variations in Shadbala values calculated by Jhora and other softwares.Have senior members ever noticed before? Would like to check with manual calculation. Any suggestion for reference texts for manual calculation?