Retrograde Planet, is it a curse to holder of birth chart?

For discussion on planets, houses, signs, nakshatras, etc.
Forum rules
READ Forum-Wide Rules and Guidelines NOTICE: OFFENSIVE POSTS WILL BE DELETED, AND OFFENDERS WILL HAVE ALL POSTS MODERATED.
revribhav
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Retrograde Planet, is it a curse to holder of birth chart?

Post by revribhav » 31 Oct 2018

Retrograde increases the strength of a planet,called cheshtabala.

I do not endorse the superstition that a retrograde planet makes one unlucky.

There is always a way of keeping a retrograde planet positive.

If a native has retrograde Saturn the it is suggested not to lose patience and keep perseverance,despite initial failures

I am glad to find my views echoed by new generation of astrologers.

One Aman Asthana writes in a spearate post :- “If anyone tells you retrograde Saturn is bad, it’s not so!Retrograde simply means that results that were supposed to be this big are now much bigger (amplified results). “
:D

joyd
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Re: Retrograde Planet, is it a curse to holder of birth chart?

Post by joyd » 07 Nov 2018

I agree with it

joyd.

revribhav
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by revribhav » 07 Nov 2018

Thanks, I have retrograde saturn in the 8th,mooltrikona; I am proud of it as it enables me see the hidden aspect of things including astrology.

shivathmika
Contributor
Contributor

Post by shivathmika » 07 Nov 2018

A Retrograde helps in promoting the functionality of the bhava where it is posited , if it is a functional benefice .

Khoo Hock Leong
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Khoo Hock Leong » 09 Nov 2018

Whstever the case may be (functional benefic or functional malefic), if two houses need to be compared in strength for some analytical purpose, the house whose lord is a retrogade planet would generally lose out to a house whose lord is a planet with direct motion.

Direct planets tend to make decisions faster, and this takes a large weight in the assessment of the quality of a decision.

revribhav
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by revribhav » 09 Nov 2018

It may be appreciated that we are still in evolving stage so far as interpretation of retrograde planets (including shadow planets rahu ketu) are concerned.
A retrograde planet may sometimes act beyond the functional attributes within the narrow confines of ascendent.
A rahu or saturn in the 8th from ascendent may be occupying 10 or 11th from moon, thus after initial miseries in the 50's or 60's the native may find a different destiny.
The classical seers already stipulated to see not only ascendent but also moon and sun,our human mind is too pre-occupied for the forward motion in such a manner that critics fail to understand that a retrograde planet may turn out an unexpected treasure, a blessing in disguise.

shivathmika
Contributor
Contributor

Post by shivathmika » 09 Nov 2018

A retrograde planet is said to give the results of previous house if located in the initial degrees of a rasi . Is this view valid . What about the aspects . Does the aspect fall in the backward motion .

Khoo Hock Leong
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Khoo Hock Leong » 09 Nov 2018

Yes, you are right in a way. Nevertheless, if a planet is retrogading, one has to see :

(1) if there are spiritual benefits (retrogade planets tend to be spiritual)

(2) the sign which the planet is retrogading to

(3) any benefits in digging deeper into an issue (one reason why retrogade planets is condidered strong regardless of sign placemement, because one dimension of its shadbala is enhanced ie. its motion)

(4) any benefits in tying up the previous house and the current house which the planet is placed in in tackling the problem of the house which the planet is placed in (never forget the relationship of the two houses is in a 2nd-12th relationshi

(5) understand that its aspects are all in reverse order

(6) understand that the planet is trying to conserve its energy and interpret that in the light of the problem (big, small or just a manner of tackling the issue) the problem the planet is trying to solve ,if any.

(7) Saturn tackles the house it is in first. The other planets tackle the previous house first.

(8) a retrogade planet which is either the final ruler or almost the final ruler of the chart has tremendous power. It can set up all blockages or clear them away. Even the Atmakaraka has to pay heed to it, even if the Atmakara has the final say.

No wonder most astrologers, on average, feel that direct planets are better, with so many factors to condider.

revribhav
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by revribhav » 09 Nov 2018

No,
The aspects of retrograde planets are not usually considered in reverse motion; those who do they do not find any classical texts to support their view; we may think of Kaalpurush who is moving backwards; however,his face is not backwards.

[quote=shivathmika post_id=271658 time=1541779650 user_id=20845]
A retrograde planet is said to give the results of previous house if located in the initial degrees of a rasi . Is this view valid . What about the aspects . Does the aspect fall in the backward motion .
[/quote]

shivathmika
Contributor
Contributor

Post by shivathmika » 09 Nov 2018

kalapurush when moves backwards automatically turns his face backwards as the time is circle known as kalachakram .One more intriguing factor is ------ does a retrograde planet get qualified to be atmakaraka or the degrees of retrograde motion have to be deducted in fixing the issue .In such an event does the place become karaka lagna if the number of degrees even after deducting are the highest .In such a case does the karaka lagna fall in another rasi where other planet who attains next highest number .

joyd
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by joyd » 09 Nov 2018

karka lagna fixation exclusively depends on suns position.THere is no roe of retro planets in it.so dont side track the main discussion thread by adding AK type things.

joyd.

Khoo Hock Leong
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Khoo Hock Leong » 10 Nov 2018

Hi revribhav ji

Basing on the experience of my chart, I believe you are RIGHT.

My Saturn in the 7th is retrogading. It casts a full aspect on 1st, 9th and 4th RATHER THAN 1st, 5th and 10th. I tend to expand some new philosophical ideas (the 9th) based on Vedic culture (the 4th). Quite actively in fact, as evidence by my contribution in this blog.

Less thought (the 5th) on professional matters (the 10th) which is taken care of Mars in a pure way (trird and tested methods although the Yogakaraka still has a sizable quantum of innovation, in this case, on workplace methods).

Khoo Hock Leong
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Khoo Hock Leong » 10 Nov 2018

Hi shivathmika

Since it is already established by revribhav that the graha face faces forward, I would think that the calculation of the charaka positioning of a planet whether retrogading or not is the same. You may take it that the retrogading planet is just retracing its step.

Is that right, revribhav ji?