True meaning of Retrograde Saturn?

For discussion on planets, houses, signs, nakshatras, etc.
Forum rules
READ Forum-Wide Rules and Guidelines NOTICE: OFFENSIVE POSTS WILL BE DELETED, AND OFFENDERS WILL HAVE ALL POSTS MODERATED.
techprince
Newly Registered User
Newly Registered User

True meaning of Retrograde Saturn?

Post by techprince » 08 Nov 2018

There are two meanings to this,
Some people say saturn retrogade reverses its role and opens up its limitations and boundaries and its a blessing to have saturn in retrograde.
Others say its energy becomes inwards just like every other retrograde planet and deepens the boundaries and limitations.

Which one is true?

If 1st explanation is true then does this affect its 3,7,10 aspects now that its role reversed?

majestik108
Contributor
Contributor

Re: True meaning of Retrograde Saturn?

Post by majestik108 » 12 Nov 2018

I have a retrograde Saturn in the 12th in Aquarius. I've read about both of those interpretations and my personal experience is that it's both true.

I think the key lies in the fact that planets that are retrograde receive a higher cheshta bala, which essentially gives strength to the planet.

In Saturn's case, keep in mind that Saturn's role isn't to deny you things, rather it makes you work towards achieving the results of whatever house/sign it happens to be placed in. Saturn makes you work to achieve results through his methods of fear, anxiety, depression, morality, etc.

So when Saturn is retrograde, this effect is basically magnified wherever it sits in one's chart as the planet is stronger.