Upasni Maharaj - Birth Chart

For discussion on planets, houses, signs, nakshatras, etc.
Forum rules
READ Forum-Wide Rules and Guidelines NOTICE: OFFENSIVE POSTS WILL BE DELETED, AND OFFENDERS WILL HAVE ALL POSTS MODERATED.
Andrew13
Newly Registered User
Newly Registered User

Upasni Maharaj - Birth Chart

Post by Andrew13 » 10 Nov 2018

Dear everyone,

Just recently I came across a birth chart of satguru Upasni Maharaj.

The chart is written in Hindu and as I do not understand the language, can anyone help me here?

The screenshots can be found in Amazon preview of book "The Sadguru of Sakori - Upasani Maharaj"

Here are the images:
https://imageshack.com/a/img924/6381/nyzZCa.png
https://imageshack.com/a/img921/3500/5AeDhf.png
https://imageshack.com/a/img921/9659/gCfmSZ.png

By checking the sign symbols, I figure it out he is Sagittarius ascendant.

If I am correct then configuration of the planets would be (if someone can confirm this who knows the symbols of planets in chart!):

Saturn in 1st
Ketu in 2nd
Venus in 4th
Mars in 5th
Jupiter, Sun, Mercury in 6th
Rahu in 8th
Moon in 12th

Now the question arise, why did author mentioned the birth time considering chart is 17.05.1870?
When I cast the chart on Jagannatha Hora, it shows me that Sagittarius was rising on 15.05.1870. roughly between 21:00 and 23:00 with Moon in 12th house (8° Scorpio).
Next question is, if the configuration of the planets is as I wrote it, why on chart there is no symbols for Mars in 5th house?
Does anyone knows Upasni's real time of birth and how can we know that for sure?

Finally, if none has time to answer, I would really appreciate if someone can translate me Hindu text and graha symbols from the pictures I posted.

Many thanks!
Andrew

Andrew13
Newly Registered User
Newly Registered User

Re: Upasni Maharaj - Birth Chart

Post by Andrew13 » 12 Nov 2018

Anyone who knows Hindu can translate Graha symbols from chart?
https://imageshack.com/a/img924/6381/nyzZCa.png

ChandraLagna
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by ChandraLagna » 13 Nov 2018

Hi Andrew, the language in the image is called Gujarati, which is among the many languages of India. The text seems to mention both the dates 15/5 and 17/5, but I am unable to make out further details. Let me try to get someone fluent in Gujarati to translate the text and /or chart for you.

How does this person hold your interest?
--भज गोविन्दं... भज गोविन्दं...गोविन्दं भज, मूढमते --

With Regards,
ChandraLagna

vedicmaths
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by vedicmaths » 13 Nov 2018

hello Anrew13,

Just for your curiosity, the chart of Sri.Chandrasekara Saraswati of Kanchi Mutt( dob 20 may 1894)
too has similar planetary combinations.

truly yours,
vedicmaths

Andrew13
Newly Registered User
Newly Registered User

Post by Andrew13 » 14 Nov 2018

Dear ChandraLagna, vedicmaths, thanks for reply.

I came in contact with Upasni Maharaj years back when I saw some YouTube videos about him and it helped me to pass through very difficult period in my life. Somehow his life path resonated with mine. I feel great respect for this person since he managed to attain liberation despite multiple obstacles throughout his whole life. Very few people know that this man was the first disciple of Sai Baba of Sridi and he was the Meher Baba's teacher.

Just recently I ordered a book to know more about this person and then in the book preview I've noticed his birth chart. I was surprised when I realized that I share with Upasni the ascendant (Sagittarius) and both Jupiter and Saturn almost to the exact degree (both within 1°30'). So here is my interest to investigate further and I hope you know someone who knows Gujarati.

As preliminary information I have, the planetary configuration I wrote above somehow fits real experiences and events. For example: Saturn in 1st - he condemned the body for all limitations and pain in life. Ketu in 2 - Upasni left elementary school (early education), most of the time used only few rags to cover himself (cloths), run from family in his youth (family), fast very often (food). Jupiter in 6th - had many obstacles, his Guru had as far as I know Virgo lagna, many depts, but also divine protection in time of trouble. 7th lord of marriage is 12 places from it in 6th conjunct Jupiter - loss of many life partners -> he was married 3 times and all his wives passed away. Debilitated Moon in 12th - Upasni isolated himself in many occasions. First when in cave, then he was isolated in Sai Baba's asram and in the 1921 he locked himself in bamboo cage he built for more then a year so he suffer there for the release of his disciples (Moon in 12th in Scorpio in Anuradha).

ChandraLagna
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by ChandraLagna » 15 Nov 2018

Hello Andrew13, here's what I got from a friend.

The text says:

" Birthdate says 15 may 1870
But looking at the chart, looks like 17 may 1870, Tuesday, as per Hindu calendar"

The graha/ planet symbols:

1 blank. 2. Mercury, Jupiter, Sun. 3. Blank. 4. Rahu. 5,6,7 blank. 8. Moon. 9. Saturn
10 ketu 11 blank 12 shukra

9th sign= 1 house= Sagittarius, thus saturn in it, and moon in 8th, scorp, thus in 12th house.

I hope your path in life henceforth is smoother than has been in the past.
--भज गोविन्दं... भज गोविन्दं...गोविन्दं भज, मूढमते --

With Regards,
ChandraLagna

Andrew13
Newly Registered User
Newly Registered User

Post by Andrew13 » 16 Nov 2018

Thanks ChandraLagna, you are awesome!