Retrograde Venus ( functional malefic) in Moolatrikona with Mercury

For discussion on planets, houses, signs, nakshatras, etc.
Forum rules
READ Forum-Wide Rules and Guidelines NOTICE: OFFENSIVE POSTS WILL BE DELETED, AND OFFENDERS WILL HAVE ALL POSTS MODERATED.
Bhishma
Contributor
Contributor

Retrograde Venus ( functional malefic) in Moolatrikona with Mercury

Post by Bhishma » 19 Nov 2018

Hi All LOVA Gurus,

Are there any exceptions to the placement specified on the topic... because my understanding coupled with the views made by astro consultations offline it was conveyed that " A functional malefic in its own moolatrikona and also in retrograde will completely diminish all it's benefits in its Mahadasa/Antardasa time for the native" . Is this true in reality ? :(

majestik108
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Retrograde Venus ( functional malefic) in Moolatrikona with Mercury

Post by majestik108 » 21 Nov 2018

Let's start with what a functional malefic is. It's a planet that the native of a particular ascendant finds distasteful/painful in terms of its significations at some level. This could be in terms of environments controlled by the planet in question (the houses ruled by the functional malefic) as well as the methods by which the lord of these houses is expressing in the native's chart (i.e. the actual placement of the functional malefic in a particular house).

With that being said, a functional malefic in mooltrikona and retrograde is probably the best state that a functional malefic could be in one's chart. The key to malefic planets, natural or functional, is to actually have them powerfully placed as then they minimize the potential damage a planet is capable of inflicting as the planet is 'comfortable'. In other words, it's better to have an enemy of yours comfortable rather than irritated towards you in terms of being obstacles to your own pursuits. If anything, such a placement can potentially provide quite positive results, particularly as Venus is Mercury's only natural friend in terms of natural relationships.

Retrogression makes a planet even more powerful by the way. It's based on providing high chesta bala to a planet in the shadbala scheme, so this is a good thing.

If the astrologers you consulted offline were traditional Indian jyotishis (the type whose ads you'd find online on free classified sites, newspapers, etc. who are usually covered in vibhuti and other exaggerated displays of piety), I wouldn't worry too much as they only see 'good' or 'bad' and they rarely consider the person in question and that they might have a different definition to what is good and bad for themselves.

I personally had an experience with such a character. He was of course covered in vibhuti and his room's wall was literally completely covered in pictures of deities and had the malas, altars, the whole setup. Know what he told me? He literally went through all of the primary significations of all the artha and kama houses in my chart and said they were all bad. He essentially said that there was zero good in my chart and that I was cursed from 'someone' in my father's side (lol). He offered a very expensive puja that would supposedly clear this 'curse' and make my life completely smooth and trouble free from then on. My logical mind kicked in, and of course I left. So yeah, don't place too much trust in those types.

joyd
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Re: Retrograde Venus ( functional malefic) in Moolatrikona with Mercury

Post by joyd » 21 Nov 2018

it depends on and varies with the natives lagna..

joyd.