Sadhguru - A Seeker of God but Does Not Use the Term God

For discussion on planets, houses, signs, nakshatras, etc.
Forum rules
READ Forum-Wide Rules and Guidelines NOTICE: OFFENSIVE POSTS WILL BE DELETED, AND OFFENDERS WILL HAVE ALL POSTS MODERATED.
Khoo Hock Leong
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Sadhguru - A Seeker of God but Does Not Use the Term God

Post by Khoo Hock Leong » 27 Nov 2018

Hi Learned Members

Sadhgurubis no stranger to Singapore (or United States or India or any part of the world like Africa).

He opened the Isha foundation in Singapore, visited the Lee Kuan Yew School of Public Policy in Singapore in 2009 and grace a talk and answer-and-question session grace by DBS Bank in 2016, and gave another talk facilitated by Sanjeev Sanyal, the Singapore Economist, in 2016.

These videos can be found in YouTube by searching :

Sadhguru Singapore

Here is his astrological chart :

http://www.astrosage.com/celebrity-horo ... -chart.asp

He has a Taurus Ascendant. Functional benefics are therefore the Sun, Mercury and Saturn.

Saturn is digbala but not a Panchapurusha Yoga. Neither is Saturn in Hitler's sign. In fact Saturn is in his enemy's sign. The dispositor Mars is also combusted BUT Sun-Mars combustion shows a spiritual seeker.

Sun is the overall ruler of the chart. He attaches great importance to the soul. He is conscious of what he believes in because Mercury is together with the Sun. Here Mercury rules the house of intellect of the 5th, and the house of talents of the 2nd. All the aforesaid mentioned planets are found in the 4th, the house of Vedic culture. This is one reason why he places so much emphasis on the dictum "Being Aware of Our Existence" rather than moksha in his talks, but Mars ruling 12th is nearby too, so he keeps that in view too.

His Lagnesh is Venus in the 5th in its fall together with Jupiter in enemy sign. Venus+Jupiter shows someone who is into holistic treatment of the being, but it also shows someone whose teachings may not be that clear cut to his followers - the 5th house is the house of children or progeny or your followers. But he generally cares for his followers using mantras, talisman etc. all 5th house things. And the dispositor Mercury is in the 4th in Leo, well placed with the Sun, and with Saturn, a Yogakaraka, casting a 10th aspect to the 4th house all round.

Venus in its fall with Jupiter, show someone who is a seeker of God but understand that the luxuries of life that one can enjoy in this life is a necessary evil because of our limited human spirit in our sojourn on this Earth towards seeking the almighty. He always say we must always admit we do not know what we seek in order to reach God's feet (Venus Lagnesh debilitated), but he overlooked the point that there must be an overarching power guiding all this, and that must be God. Jupiter in enemy sign is not strong enough to help him realise this.

Taurus as the Ascending sign further adds to the fact that he always preach we must not always believe what we hear but must see it with our own eyes (Taurus is tactile) although he does believe that sound ie. hearing is essential to enlightenment like all Hindus (or Vedic aspirants) through the use of mantras or those who are cognizant of the 5 elements of nature (his 4th house is strong). Taurus is after all in a 3rd-11th relationship with Cancer, the seat of Vedic. But let's not have Taurus being too strong to eclipse Cancer. Cancer has a hidden card......although Moon is exalted in Taurus (or some even say Moolatrikona), but ultimately Moon rules Cancer, the sign of the Mother whom the infant, the Moon, always listen too.

Best Rgds
Mac Khoo Hock Leong

rathore
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Re: Sadhguru - A Seeker of God but Does Not Use the Term God

Post by rathore » 27 Nov 2018

Mac Khoo :roll: :roll:

Your basics need basics 101. You say - Moon is exalted in Taurus (or some even say Moolatrikona).
That's a strange way to word it because Moon is exalted up to 3 degrees after which it is Moolatrikona till the end of Taurus.

And Sun + Mars is said to be a sinner, not a spiritual person. Not pointing to the chart owner, pointing it to your made up interpretation.

Jupiter is not in enemy sign per temporal friendship rules. Astrology 101.

Cancer is not the seat of Vedic. It is considered a durbal (weak) sign in Vedic Astrology.
And always remember Exalted > Own sign in terms of giving results. More Astrology 101.

Khoo Hock Leong
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Moon exalted up to 3 degrees then Moolatrokina for the rest of the sign, I know about yhat. And the audience knows it too. So there is no need to spell it in so many words.

Sun+Mars is a spiritual person, at least he is seeking the soul. You have your interpretation and I have mine.

I hardly use, if ever, temporal friendship rules. Every astrologer makes use of certain tools only, and not all, as he deems fit, because he may find it sufficient for him based on his other knowledge of the tool in question. I know about temporal friendhip rules, though, if you look at my post which I mentioned about my Navamsa, all my planets are at least in friendly signs, based on temporal friendship rules.

Cancer is the seat of Vedic, because Vedic evolved from the embryo, the womb.

Khoo Hock Leong
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

In fact in my Navamsa, all the planets are AT LEAST IN GREAT FRIEND SIGNS base on rulesvof temporal friendshp.

joyd
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by joyd » 27 Nov 2018

Dear KHL-- The dispositor Mars is also combusted BUT Sun-Mars combustion shows a spiritual seeker.. /.for your info,mars physical significations only burnt in combustion but not his inherent-innate inner qualities.

joyd.

Khoo Hock Leong
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Khoo Hock Leong » 28 Nov 2018

Thanks joyd.

Sadhguru physical significations seem to be very strong. He jetset round the world, was an ardent motor-cyclist during his youth time, underwent austerities in the forest etc.

I think the 10th aspect of Saturn on the Sun-Mars combination compel him to take care of his health both figuratively and metaphorically, the latter through cosmic forces with the help of Mercury nearby.

Moonbwaxing in a trine to thid conjunction in the beneficient sign of Sagittarius also contribute to his good health. Moon being a water planet also acts as a countervailing force.

Readers

Raj Kumar, the fame astrologer, has always praise Moon in Cancer ahead of Moon in Taurus. His reason being Moon in Cancer gets a person to initiate things in his life which ultimately leads to loftier goals if other parts of the chart confirm that. As I said, the infant listens to the call of his mother, or shall we say Mother Earth.

If one look at the scriptures, even one of the yogas involving wealth, the emphasis is on Moon in Cancer, Gemini and Virgo; rather than in Taurus.

Which comes to the point of one of the past forum members who mentioned that Jupiter in Sagittarius is better than Jupiter in Cancer as taught by his guru. I suppose dharma has an important part to play in our life as represented by Sagittarius. But Jupiter in Cancer the dharma comes naturally because here you are respecting the life of Mother Earth. So Jupiter in Cancer is still better.

Khoo Hock Leong
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

The 4th house also deal with the masses as evidenced by his chart.

rathore
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by rathore » 28 Nov 2018

Khoo, your stated -> Moon is exalted in Taurus (or some even say Moolatrikona).
Technically it's incorrect but giving you benefit of doubt, I say it's just a strange way to state a basic.

Sun + Mars is NOT equal to spiritual person. Read a real Astrological text and you will find out if it is my personal interpretation. You on the other hand are making wishy-washy interpretations.

You are right when you label Temporal friendship as RULES. But then you go on to label it as a TOOL. It changes the whole context. If possible for you, try to understand the difference between TOOLS such as sudarshan chakras versus RULES. Rules are given in initial chapters of every text because they are the BASICS RULES.

Wouldn't the womb be in middle signs such as Virgo, Libra, Scorpio?
Taurus is a sign that is assumed to be always humped and pregnant? So that could be the womb too.
And isn't the womb in Bharani i.e. Aries.

Or are you just assuming Mother = Womb? :wink:

My point of linking so many signs to womb means that these are just representations, there is no need to take them literally. Cancer is said to be a sign of no fixed principles. So how can it be the seat of anything other than wishy-washy (unfixed) interpretations?

astrostar
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by astrostar » 28 Nov 2018

rathore wrote:
28 Nov 2018
Mother = Womb? :wink:
:) :lol:
Luminous Omnipotent Valley of Astrology

Khoo Hock Leong
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Sun+Mars is spiritual. Hanuman representing Mars, likes to be near the Sun reprsenting Rama. One way this conjunction is manifested is through the belly fir which helps to digest the food properly that we eat, which serve to nourish us properly so that our brain and chakras get activated more easily for us to realise God. Astrological texts can only sat that much. You have to take into account what the scriptures say and the messages given by the cosmos, which include interptetations given by certain wise people. Which leads to follow to lead to a correct interpretive result you just have to fall back on the redpective birth chart. Dharmic houses influncing moksha houses for the person's chart especially with Jupiter ruling 9th going to 8th (according to Bhavartha Ratnakara) is one such prime example. Here the 9th of Jupiter of god's grace falls on the 4th bhava of vedic knowledge and leads to the future (5th of Jupiter) of spirituality and moksha of the 12th bhava. The purer the Jupiter, the better it is.

In the occult which is a part of spirituality, there are many paths that lead to fulfillment each governed by a set of rules. Not all paths and therefore not all rules need to be followed to lead to fulfillment. It id not like science, but even science sometimes take this ground - like seeing light as a stream of protons and electrons in the photon theory, or see it as a wave when we talk about diffraction of light.

Anyway, ultimatelu, the laws of spirituality, some may become philosophical precepts, and even a smaller percentage of thse may evolve into scientific laws.

You see the womb we are referring to here is the golden womb where Brahma sprouted out. He is the one that created the Vedas in the written form. This ties in with the 3rd chakra from the root chakra which is the manipura chakra that correlates with the Sun which is the soul. Our Atman. So depending on our evolution of our soul, that much we know for each individual about Vedic culture. Cancer is the sign of the mother or the womb which corresponds to the 4th bhava. That is why the Sun which rules the 4th bhava for a Taurus Ascendant is a functional benefic. Here is an article on the golden womb :

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/The ... 083942.cms

5th (the future)to the 4th bhava where the golden egg, our soul, flowered into the person which is our spine comprising the various chakras that has to be activated through yoga (the 3rd bhava, 8th of the 8th). Once our kundilini energy travels all the way from the root chakra to the crown chakra and beyond, we get enlughtened to our ancestral roots. Here is the link to the article on the various chakras :

https://blog.mindvalley.com/7-chakras/? ... oogle_blog

Bharani's womb is more of a sacred place for nurturing and growth with the power to quickly manifest representing the cycle of birth and death. Totally different. Here is the link :

https://www.astroved.com/freetools/bharani-nakshatra

Cancer is the sign of no fixed principles. That is why Sadhguru says that India has no fixed religion (Vedic culture). It simply assimilates whatever teachings that comes to its shore into its culture. In 19th century, the British call the religious culture they found there as Hinduism.

rathore
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by rathore » 29 Nov 2018

Sun and Mars are cruel planets. Both are fiery as well. I think these two are part of the reasons why texts assign the results of "Sinner" to this combination. And check your planetary deity assignments. However don't bother if its just your regular wishy-washy interpretations. About your 9th lord in 8th feel-good theory, I think it was properly debunked in an older post.

Now about womb, it doesn't matter if its the Golden womb or plastic. I can relate 4+ signs to the womb directly and remaining indirectly. It's just a play of words i.e. usage of 'almost facts or at least sounding true facts' to create a fairly convincing narrative. The problem being that just like you can create one theory, anyone can create another. None will hold its ground in reality.

I am not completely sure (so you can check) but I think Kundalini awakening does NOT mean enlightenment necessarily. Plenty of people with an awakened kundalini are not enlightened. So your kundalini theory is again an "almost theory".

Other than Cancer being a a sign of no fixed principles, it is also a weak sign. You can make more wishy-washy meanings out of it by my point has been made.

Khoo Hock Leong
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Khoo Hock Leong » 29 Nov 2018

Texts can assign on thing to SunMars combination. But modern astrologers and modern seers do test out that texts espouse. Plus texts should include puranic and vedic scriptures as well which most astrologers don' do, whether astrologers of the current era or past era. The 9th lord in 8th when it is Jupiter is good according to Bhavartha Ratnakara if Jupiter rules the 9th. Were you the one who drbunked it? I did not even read it as I have my personal experience to vouschsafe it, plus it is in the astrological text.

The websites that I quote, no one is creating any theories. Neither am I. It is all from the scriptures and I have read about them too. Or I have gleaned the ideas fom people who have read them and their interpretation makes sense.

Yes, kundalini awakening need the enegy to go BEYOND the crown chakra for one to get enlightened.

Cancer is not a weak weak sign for things that they hold dear. Otherwise if it does not involve them, it does not bother them.

rathore
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by rathore » 30 Nov 2018

Modern Astrologers have been doing nonsense since decades. This is well known in the community. In other words, any argument using the 'modern astrologers testing' is weak at best and nonsense at worst. About including puranic / vedic scriptures in Astrological texts, that's just your opinion and basically leads to explaining away anything, while predicting nothing.

Scriptures can be used to create sense as well as nonsense. That's why religions get into wars and diameterically opposite viewpoints to the point of harm. Just look at the world. In other words, for every theory you can create, I can create a more convincing anti-theory.

So you agree that awakened kundalini doesn't equal Englightenment. If that is so, then your previous conclusion using the wrong info is incorrect. Ofcourse you can talk your way around it but remember - Talk is CHEAP. That is why you have so many posts yet just about zero real content.

Adding own theories to how cancer is not a weak sign is just whims and fancies. I am directly quoting texts.

Here is the 9th lord in 8th house debunk thread:
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=35314&p=243782&hili ... ar#p243782

Khoo Hock Leong
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Khoo Hock Leong » 30 Nov 2018

Here is Dhyanalinga consecrated by Sadhguru, where all the yogic energy is imbued into it, for the common layman to enhance his meditation. No faith or belief system need to be subcribed. Another corroborative testimonial to his chart and the main thrust of this thread.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dhyanalinga

Khoo Hock Leong
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Khoo Hock Leong » 30 Nov 2018

Now I understand why I feel so good with Jupiter in Aquarius.

Vedic astrologers time the bathing in the Ganges in Haridwar India every 12 years when Jupiter in Aquarius (timed by Vedic astrologers since thousand of years). It is a mass ritual and millions of people flock there. It is called Kumbh Mela and reprsents the cleansing of the soul - like my answer to an aspirant in the forumm previously, although Aquarius cannot be considered to be the usual kind of exaltation point like Jupiter in Cancer is, according to Brihat Jataka, it is like Moon in Cancer......Canceris 12th to Leo and represents the spiritual side of the already spiritual sign Leo. And Cancer is water, and Moon in Cancer only emphasises the watery aspects of the spiritual cleansing.

Here is the link on Kumbh Mela :

https://jameskelleher.com/pages/kumbh-mela-2010