rahu in the 9th

For discussion on planets, houses, signs, nakshatras, etc.
Forum rules
READ Forum-Wide Rules and Guidelines NOTICE: OFFENSIVE POSTS WILL BE DELETED, AND OFFENDERS WILL HAVE ALL POSTS MODERATED.
hari766
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

rahu in the 9th

Post by hari766 » 28 Nov 2018

Does this affliction to the ninth house have anything to do with a person behaving ungratefully to others' generosity with him? The ninth lord Moon is in the sixth house.

murthys68
Contributor
Contributor

Sagittarius, 9th house & Rāhu being in 9th house!

Post by murthys68 » 28 Nov 2018

Hi Hari!
Dear Hari, Let me give the reasons why actually Rāhu has a fall in 9th! (A Maraṇa kāraka sthāna for Rāhu)

If you look at Sagittarius (our Lagna), the 9th house in natural zodiac sign. It is symbolized with half man & half animal. The upper portion is that of a man who has bow in his hand & is ready to fight & lower portion is that of an animal (Horse). The Veda (Knowledge) is exactly "opposite" to this symbol!!! The Veda Mūrti or the divine being also comes from 9th house. The entire knowledge is that is coming is from this 9th house as it is Veda!
The 1st sage who sits (Upaviṣta) here is our Vyāsa Bhagavān! Sagittarius represents Vyāsa! When the full Moon comes here i.e., on Āṣāḍha śukla Paurṇamāsyāyām we worship Vyāsa Bhagavān! On the account of Guru Paurṇami. Veda Mūrti has upper portion of an animal & lower portion that of a Man! Opposite to the symbol, A trunk of a Man with the head of an animal symbolizes Ketu, look at Gaṇeśa, he has upper part of an animal (an elephant) lower part that of a man, Gaṇeśa is a Veda Mūrti symbol of "complete knowledge" See for my lord Hanumān, who has monkey head & with human body. He is also considered as a Veda Mūrti. All the Veda Mūrtis who symbolizes knowledge has an animal face & body that of a human that's what Ketu is! Now when we reverse it he is Rāhu! Now the Sagittarius i.e., upper half of human & lower half that of an horse (animal) is a Rāhu symbol. This is what exactly happens to all of us, everyone in the house of Dharma we will always behave like Rāhus! We will not have faith, we always doubt. We are always challenging our teachers with our Bow & arrow (it is our Bow & arrow). We are not trying to reverse it! (reversing nodes).
It's the impact of Rāhu on our 9th house of Dharma is removed when we worship Hanumān or Gaṇeśa & that impact which is being removed, There are no more battles! Because in the 9th house you can either enhance your higher consciousness by learning.or you can choose battle! As it also represents battlefield :lol: So, you can fight fight & fight like Rāhu. :lol: Sagittarius is Library, University, temple all the good things are there. We can progress a lot from here! It is up to us to choose either Rāhu or Ketu! If we choose Ketu there will be Spiritual progress, because we will learn!
We always have 2 options for this Sagittarius the 9th house, Rāhu or Ketu (Mūla)... That's why Rāhu falls (Maraṇa kāraka sthāna) here, the people who has Rāhu in their 9th house, that means they'll lower animal & upper human head. Basically, you are using your "own head!!!" We are not using our teacher's head! See, a Guru is always I repeat always a positive! You see Gaṇeśa, he has the head that of an elephant which was put by Viṣṇu with Mantrās on it. Therefore Gaṇeśa has the complete knowledge of Viṣṇu. Everything that is created is known to Gaṇeśa because Viṣṇu is Sarvāntaryāmi (everywhere) So, Gaṇeśa knows everything. So is like Hanumān. All the Veda Mūrtis are like that only.
Sarva means each, antar means inside (andar in Hindi), Yāmi means Sañcaraṇa.

So Hari Ji, you can think of the people who has Rāhu in 9th house. Jupiter is the only Graha which can handle Rāhu. But you see the funny part here, if Jupiter is aspecting Rāhu with his 9th or 5th aspect, Rāhu in turn aspects Jupiter. Hence Jupiter's actual power is also gone. The only other possibility is 7th aspect of Jupiter on Rāhu, even 7th aspect is also not that fine in this case as 7th aspect is positives for Rāhu's things but not for Jupiter since 7th aspect of Jupiter will make positives for that house's portfolio, when there is positive for Rāhu what is the use??? In that case 9th lord can only save the person! If it's not under affliction.

In the case of Moon, the 9th Lord in 6th. So, Ascendant is Scorpio. Moon is actually a Bāḍhaka for this Ascendant, so Moon being in Dusthāna & that too in friend's home is a positive Materially! We can judge based on the position of Mars's placement in D-1, D-9 & Moon's placement in D-9.

All the above words are from the one whom I consider my Jyotiṣ Guru Pandit Sunjay Rath. I Should learn Jyotiṣam from him!!! I should!

By the way dear Hari Ji, could please look the following topic: Intuition & 11th house!
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=40383

hari766
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Re: rahu in the 9th

Post by hari766 » 01 Dec 2018

Hi murty Ji,
Thanks for the detailed explanation. In the case of the person I referred to, he has ninth moon in the sixth, but since it's a waning moon, hence malefic, I think it is good for that person, although moon's being the 9th lord his position in the 6th is not so good. Also the moon is aspected by 4th lord Jupiter, from the tenth house. Given that, back to my query, why should such a person be ungrateful to all those who have helped him? Is it due to the position of Rahu in the 9th, that is my query. (and he is now going through Rahu dasa). Because with Jupiter in the tenth, and aspecting the moon, I hope the person is not bad in nature.

murthys68
Contributor
Contributor

Re: rahu in the 9th

Post by murthys68 » 02 Dec 2018

Dear Hari, it's not about bad,but what were you saying 4th Lord Jupiter? Scorpio lagna right, 2nd / 5th Lord is Jupiter. Anyway, I thought of sharing what is the influence of Rāhu being in the house of Dharma. So, that you can understand what does the overall situation depicts.