2nd house and our tongue/taste

For discussion on planets, houses, signs, nakshatras, etc.
Forum rules
READ Forum-Wide Rules and Guidelines NOTICE: OFFENSIVE POSTS WILL BE DELETED, AND OFFENDERS WILL HAVE ALL POSTS MODERATED.
Nora
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

2nd house and our tongue/taste

Post by Nora » 15 Dec 2018

Dear All

I'd like some info on our food habits. Isn't 2nd house to do with the type of food we consume? So, does this mean that if it's aspected by benefics then a person will have very good food habits and if by mslefics then they binge on junk food and old food from fridge etc?

I've noticed some rich and successful people who eat very simple food or sometimes even skip several meals. What could be the possible explanation for this?

Kind regards

Nora

murthys68
Contributor
Contributor

Re: 2nd house and our tongue/taste

Post by murthys68 » 15 Dec 2018

Yes Nora, 6th house is the house of food & the Dharma from there i.e., here 2nd house shows what type food we are consuming.
If you get any doubt in the above statement just think like this, we don't either take food just because we have mouth or we don't take food just because we have stomach. We take food only when we are hungry! This info our intestines has to pass to our brain. (6th house rules our intestine) Yes & I again repeat 6th is the house of eating & 2nd which is the Dharma sthāna for 6th represents what we will intake!
Hope you got it.

Yes, you are absolutely CORRECT undoubtedly on why successful people take food in a balanced way ... This is the prime reason why ancient people has suggested us Upapāda fasting. Why one should definitely perform Upapāda fasting? Because 6th represents food & who will oppose this food to take? The Ārūḍha pāda of the opposite house to the 6th house will oppose i.e., AL12 or UL or Upapāda.
For example, your UL is in Cancer, so it is highly recommended for you to fast on every Monday's. People say that fasting on this day is the initial step in Spirituality. Because what we take inside our body will decide how our thoughts are, isn't so?... So, food is very important & also what type of food we are taking is more important.

You'll still clearly understand, once if you read what other negatives 6th house represents.
Hope everything is clear

murthys68
Contributor
Contributor

Post by murthys68 » 16 Dec 2018

Why Ārūḍha because it should oppose the Māya associated with 12th house as 6th is house of eating. 12th house represents fasting.
Yes, beneficial aspects on 2nd house is good but malefic association or aspect on 2nd house is not good w.r.t. the food we take.
I've Venus, Mercury in 2nd house & Moon from 8th house of Cancer is aspecting 2nd house. These are beneficial
But I also have exalted Mars in 2nd house & Rāhu is in 10th house. Thus my 2nd house is in a severe curse. I use to take lot of veg puffs & all fast food items from outside (before my upakarma) though only veg.
Even right now as I'm staying at hostel, I purchase haldirams & all sorts of things.
We need to be very careful with malefic association w.r.t. 2nd house & its lord, because the food we take is primary important.
Gulika & Māndi association & other malefic association on 2nd house generally lead to take the food which is not healthy.
If 2nd house doesn't have any malefic influence the results would not be very severe w.r.t. eating habits are concerned.

Lex
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Lex » 17 Dec 2018

Hi NORA

Safely ignore the reply sent by an ignorant and a potential fraud in traditional astrology without going into learnings under a legitimate Guru

Nora
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Nora » 17 Dec 2018

Lex wrote:
17 Dec 2018
Hi NORA

Safely ignore the reply sent by an ignorant and a potential fraud in traditional astrology without going into learnings under a legitimate Guru
Thanks Lex Ji. Will do

Kind regards

Nora