Fixed stars in Vedic Astrology

For discussion on planets, houses, signs, nakshatras, etc.
Forum rules
READ Forum-Wide Rules and Guidelines NOTICE: OFFENSIVE POSTS WILL BE DELETED, AND OFFENDERS WILL HAVE ALL POSTS MODERATED.
ashtalakshmi
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Fixed stars in Vedic Astrology

Post by ashtalakshmi » 22 Dec 2018

Dear learned members,

What do you think about fixed stars and natal planets placed in conjunction or opposition to the fixed stars? Do they really give results ?

I have Venus at 23 degrees in Taurus in fixed star Rigel and Jupiter in Leo at 6 degrees closer to fixed star Regulus and ascendant in Libra 1 degrees in fixed star Spica. I was quite surprised to know this information and kind of excited to be honest.

Would be nice if someone can throw some light on it.

joyd
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Re: Fixed stars in Vedic Astrology

Post by joyd » 22 Dec 2018

1-venus at 23 degrees in Taurus in fixed star Rigel...gives success over bad,evil and lust
2-Jupiter in Leo at 6 degrees closer to fixed star Regulus ...success after great fight and struggles.
3-ascendant in Libra 1 degrees in fixed star Spica....life is filled with strange happenings,obstacles,sorrows.you will find success after some pain only.

Normally the 1st magnitude stars[SIRIUS/REGULUS/RIGEL/SPICA and such kind of other 17 stars comes under this divisions] and sun-moon-lagna placed stars denotes strong destiny in FSA.

joyd.

joyd
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by joyd » 22 Dec 2018

Foxed star never comes under vedic astrology wing..

joyd.

ashtalakshmi
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by ashtalakshmi » 23 Dec 2018

joyd wrote:
22 Dec 2018
1-venus at 23 degrees in Taurus in fixed star Rigel...gives success over bad,evil and lust
2-Jupiter in Leo at 6 degrees closer to fixed star Regulus ...success after great fight and struggles.
3-ascendant in Libra 1 degrees in fixed star Spica....life is filled with strange happenings,obstacles,sorrows.you will find success after some pain only.

Normally the 1st magnitude stars[SIRIUS/REGULUS/RIGEL/SPICA and such kind of other 17 stars comes under this divisions] and sun-moon-lagna placed stars denotes strong destiny in FSA.

joyd.

Thank you for responding joyd!

When I watched Joni Patry’s videos about fixed stars, she said some great things about planets in fixed stars irrespective of what planet is in the star.

And I am surprised that you told me the ascendant in fixed Star Spica would give me everything after a struggle . To be honest, even though I have faced some challenges in my life, those are very little when compared with others.

God has always blessed me with a smooth life for which I am really grateful for!
The things I used to complain about sometimes, people would laugh at me and brush it off! Because they might think I am unnecessarily complaining. Believe me, I stopped complaining 99% ( still trying the rest 1%) about my life not because I got everything but because I realized how I should be grateful for what I already got in life !

Even when I grew up in poverty, my life was a breeze and happy because I was kind of always appreciated for who I was. Of course I realized the effects of poverty but my heart didn’t cry from the pain of it.

Please explain how you judged the results for all the planets I mentioned in the fixed stars?

joyd
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by joyd » 23 Dec 2018

Buy Joni Patry’s book on fixed stars in your area bookshops.Everything given very clearly how to use them.Time and the maturity of one's age changes the perspective of such challenges.At the age 0f my 20's i am fond of hi-fi system but the same system looks useless to me at my 58.Don't compare your challenges with others.you have your own kind but you may faced them with confidence.so everything depends upon our viewing perspective.I clearly wrote that-"sun-moon-lagna placed stars denotes strong destiny in FSA."

joyd.

ashtalakshmi
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by ashtalakshmi » 23 Dec 2018

joyd wrote:
23 Dec 2018
Buy Joni Patry’s book on fixed stars in your area bookshops.Everything given very clearly how to use them.Time and the maturity of one's age changes the perspective of such challenges.At the age 0f my 20's i am fond of hi-fi system but the same system looks useless to me at my 58.Don't compare your challenges with others.you have your own kind but you may faced them with confidence.so everything depends upon our viewing perspective.I clearly wrote that-"sun-moon-lagna placed stars denotes strong destiny in FSA."

joyd.

Joyd I was just politely asking you how you judged the results of planets , not trying to hurt your ego.

I am very well aware that everyone’s perspective about difficulties/challenges changes as they mature but I am not talking through a philosophical view point.

I am actually comparing the problems/challenges with respect to its size as to how much efforts you put in to overcome those challenges. Some challenges can’t be overcomed at all if the person is not destined to do so while others may take some little/extra effort based on what the person is destined to.

And why not compare the challenges you face with others when we can physically measure the amount of everything you own/ enjoy with what others own/enjoy?
Is having cancer and a fever the same? The person having cancer may be confident but you can’t deny the fact that the challenge they need to overcome is big when compared to the fever.
I don’t see a logic behind your quote!

Remember I said I didn’t feel the pain of poverty when I was actually living in poverty. It’s a feeling of past tense I was talking about not from the philosophical view point that I have now.

Of course I totally agree with your point that it depends on how confidently they tackle the problems.

joyd
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by joyd » 23 Dec 2018

no madam,i am not hurted at all.I have given my view on what you said that's all.The thing is you have given only just degree but we need minute figures also to come to a conclusion on what that planet is going to give in totality.Also buy a book by Diana rosenberg on fixed stars for total clarity..

joyd.