6th/8th lord conjunction

For discussion on planets, houses, signs, nakshatras, etc.
Forum rules
READ Forum-Wide Rules and Guidelines NOTICE: OFFENSIVE POSTS WILL BE DELETED, AND OFFENDERS WILL HAVE ALL POSTS MODERATED.
sonali.shah
Contributor
Contributor

6th/8th lord conjunction

Post by sonali.shah » 14 Oct 2010

Dear All,

I recently read that the conjunction of the 6th/8th lords represents a curse.
I have my 6th lord Venus and 8th lord Jupiter in my 5th house. How do I interpret this combination? All the while, I considered my Venus to be debilitated. However, Astroboy in one of his posts pointed out that the debility is cancelled because it is in a Kendra from the Chandra Lagna.

Thanks.

Sonali
Last edited by sonali.shah on 17 Oct 2010, edited 1 time in total.

Hina
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Re: 6th/8th lord conjunction

Post by Hina » 14 Oct 2010

Hi Sonali,

You wrote that Venus is Deb.. Just wanted to point that Venus for Taurus lagna is more 6th house lord than LL. Debilitation of 6L is a rajyoga. Your poor health could be because of Moon which has no benefics supporting it.
Also Sun is debiliated, however in 6th house. Debiltated planets in 6th house is also considered a raj yoga.
Currently, you are running Mercury/Sun- 4L & 5L D/AD. These two are conjunct in 6th house- Another Raj yoga - although a weak one due to weakness of sun & it is happening in the 6th house.. But sun gains in navamsha. You should have good time period sometime in Feb-March next year. Mercury is the best planet for your lagna.

Also, Moon is vargottam, AK which is in KL. Your 9L, 10L Saturn(PK) recvs the aspect of Moon which is great.

Also, Venus & Saturn join in 5th house- a mahayoga. How was your Saturn- yogakarak's lord dasha ? How was your 2007- 2010 (Venus AD)? Was your Ketu AD good?

It looks like a very good horoscope.

Sonali, your career confuses me- does it have something to do with money- Jupiter - accounting and bank? Did it change over time?

If there is a curse due to conjunction of Jupiter and Venus- then I have it too. :) If life is otherwise good, don't worry about it, enjoy it while you can. :) Great thing about time is - it passes and events can be viewed with hindsight and put in perspective.

All the best!

sonali.shah
Contributor
Contributor

Post by sonali.shah » 14 Oct 2010

Dear Hina,

Thanks for your input.

I am only trying to understand what constitutes the curse i.e. what factors cause the curse and what the curse actually represents for the 5th house.

To answer your questions, Saturn MD was good, Ketu AD was really bad, and Venus AD was OK.
I am not in finance or accounting; I am in a technical profession, engineering.

Best,

SS

subhasis13

Post by subhasis13 » 15 Oct 2010

Dear Sonali,
glad you brought up this topic..I also have venus-jupiter combination in 10th house(taurus lagna)..How has been your venus AD's??..I am asking this because your venus has lost the planetery war with jupiter same as in my case.

Regards,
Subhasis

sonali.shah
Contributor
Contributor

Post by sonali.shah » 15 Oct 2010

Subhasis - To my knowledge, there is no Graha Yudha between the planets in my chart. However, I will defer to the experts. As I said in my earlier post, Ketu AD was tough, Venus AD provided some relief but was largely OK.

Dear All - I am not looking for a chart reading, I want to understand why the 6th/8th lord conjunction is considered to be a curse and what does a curse signify for different houses. Any input will help. Thank you.

chaks
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by chaks » 15 Oct 2010

Dear All - I am not looking for a chart reading, I want to understand why the 6th/8th lord conjunction is considered to be a curse and what does a curse signify for different houses. Any input will help. Thank you.
Simply because the 6th and 8th are considered evil houses and so are its lords. Agreed there is some good associated with those also but the bad stuff dominates mostly. The conjunction of two evil lords, therefore, is considered as a conjunction between two mafia bosses. If the conjunction happens in the 6th, 8th or 12th it is considered VRY and can do some good after some initial misery . The conjunction is a curse in all other houses, I think.

Krishna
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Krishna » 15 Oct 2010

Hi,
conjunction between two mafia bosses
That's a very apt analogy :lol:

In a mean town, the two bad guys are involved in a shoot out and in the process they blow up the town as well - resulting in Vipareeta Raja Yoga.

On the other hand, in a decent town, whether the two bad guys confront or collude, the town is ruined.

Thanks and Regards,
Krishna

astro123
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by astro123 » 16 Oct 2010

also ,the 8th house and the 8th lord is a stronger malefis house than the 6th house...6th house is also the house of service and is considered an upachaya
Beginner/Learner of Vedic Astrology

sonali.shah
Contributor
Contributor

Post by sonali.shah » 17 Oct 2010

Hmm...thanks for the replies.

But I think my question is still unanswered. I get the basic premise that the "2 mafia bosses" will no doubt wreak havoc on a house. But how they function with regard to a particular house is still not clear to me.

Any examples will help.

Thank you.

astro123
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by astro123 » 17 Oct 2010

Hi sonali

they will destroy the signification of the bad houses eg the 6th house and 8th house and if the conj is in a god house they will destroy that aslo..in ur case,the 5th house will be destroyed

thanks

sonali.shah
Contributor
Contributor

Post by sonali.shah » 17 Oct 2010

Thank you Astro 123.

I will pray with full devotion to the lord. 5th represents kids apart from other factors. I recently had a baby who means the world to me. I will offer my prayers with full devotion and pray that the curse impacts me rather than my kid.

Regards,
SS

Hina
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Hina » 18 Oct 2010

HI Sonali,

You need not worry- this is what I found on Venus Jupiter conjunction-

"Such native will be intelli, famous, careful for respect, comforts from children, wealthy, learned, social, happy and will lead a comfortable & respectable life. In 1st, 5th, 8th or 9th, this conjunction will bless the native with wealth, wife & children. In 2nd, gain through work, 3rd- lucky, 4th- lucky provided avoid influence of opposite sex, in 5th- gain through intelligence, education and children. in 6th house- a happy man, one should always keep gold on head of his wife which will be lucky for children" etc.

I suspect that the authur combines vedic astrology with lal kitab. Here the presence of benefics seems to be emphasized vs. the house lordship but it does sound good. :)

Hina
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Hina » 18 Oct 2010

Ok, I wrote too soon- here goes-

If such a cobination is afflicted, which it seems to be for Taurus lagna-

in 5th house- loss and theft of money due to illicit connections with a lady.
10th house- one will be ruined at the age of 13th & 15th years of age due to an ugly woman. Loss through woman due to avaricious character (whose??) Troubles through parents & children, disputes with brothers.

Hina
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Hina » 24 Oct 2010

Yes I have kids. I think I can guess where you are going with this. I don't want to get any readings that relate to my children. :)

Thanks!

Hina
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Hina » 16 Nov 2010

Sir,

I think 6L & 8L in 3rd house- is kind is vipreet raj yoga which is supposed to be good for you after struggles. Also I read that 2 retrograde planets in 1 house give results independent of each other.

astro123
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by astro123 » 17 Nov 2010

hi event horizon

U indicated that problems started in 1992..u were running malefic ketu mahadasha from 1992-1999..ketu is in the 7th house and is aspected by malefic rahu from the lagna ,,sign dispositor of ketu is saturn involved in a graha yuddha with jupiter and saturn has won the war but saturn is a malefic planet for you

Venus mahadasha is running for 20 years between 1999-2019.. Venus is L4/L11 placed in the 8th house thereby destroying the significations fo the houses it owns..4th is the house of comforts and 11th is the house of desires/gains..planets placed in 8th house almost always give sufferings and challenges..Jupiter bhukti is running but jupiter is powerless having lost the planetary war to saturn

Sun mahadasha from 2019 for 6 years also may not give much respite as Sun is also in the 8th house in the house of its enemy Saturn and Sun is debilitated in the dasamsa..Sun will give career challenges

Lagna lord Moon MD from 2025 will give a lot of relief

thanks

astro123
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by astro123 » 17 Nov 2010

hi event horizon

it is not as bad as u make it out to be ...8th house significations also mean ups and downs and breaks/changes in life..so u could expect changes (could be for the better) in career/profession depending on the runing bhuktis ...i do not have knowledge of remedies/gemstones

thanks

Hina
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Hina » 23 Jun 2011

Hi,

I think conjunction of 6L & 8L in any of the kendra & trikona houses spoils the matters of that house. However, the 6th & 8 house matters improve.

6L & 8L situated in any of trik houses- It is good as they are supposed to destroy the bad houses but they also give rise to 6th & 8th house problems.

softsoul

Post by softsoul » 23 Jun 2011

Hi.

I Read :
"The lord of 6th ,8th & 12th harm the prospects of the house in which they may be located"

In my horoscope 6th lord , 8th lord & Ascendant + 2nd lord in 11 th house Scorpio sign

It's true or wrong "All the planets give good result in 11th house "

please give your opinion
thnx

er.computer
Contributor
Contributor

Post by er.computer » 26 Jun 2011

Hi All,

If 6L (Me) and 8L (Su) conjunct in 11H (Which is upachaya) what would be ??
As conjunction of malefics, Curse to 11H OR as they are in upachaya prosperity to 6 and 8 H ??

Regards.

Dev
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Dev » 22 Aug 2011

Hi Sonali:

Several have given their opinion and I also want to write a few lines here. The conjunction of 6th and 8th lord in 5th house would definitely indicate some shapa, 5th house being purva punya sthan and putra sthan and is amongst the most important houses apart from lagna and 9th. Anyway even for me with 7 planet conjunction, one astrologer said, the 6th 8th conjunction is a curse and so if u just have these two, then it would definitely be so. Strenthening the 5th house and 5th lord by offering regular prayers, gua seva, donating a cow to the temple where she is looked after well, doing anna dan, charity work etc would help a lot.

Dev

digitsoftime

Post by digitsoftime » 22 Aug 2011

Also Devji, the 5th represents the intellect. Any indecisiveness might be indicated by the placement of 6th and 8th lord there.
Benefic aspects can lessen the maleficence a lot, isn't it?

moreover 5th house indicates love affairs as well. so its affliction or otherwise might indicate success or failure in it.

regards,
S

Dev
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Dev » 22 Aug 2011

Digitsoftime:

Absolutely right.
The 5th represents the intellect and there could be lot of indecisiveness due to placement of 6th and 8th lord there. Benefic aspects can lessen the maleficence a lot, for sure but in case of no benefic aspects, benefic effects can be tailormade or synthesised (like you synthesise nanoparticles) by mantras and propitiation and daan, charity and so on. Since it is also 9th to 9th, I heard it also represents dharma and brahmana and pitru shapa I heard, thereby affecting purva punya. So doing gauseva, donating a cow to temple (which is noblest among holy deeds) , doing charity work, helping physically handicapped etc etc can help a lot.

5th house indicates love affairs as well. so its affliction or otherwise might indicate mostly failure and cannot definitely indicate success. If there were benefic aspects, there could have been success. If atleast the other planets are strong, there may be no love affair at all and so no question of failure.

Dev