6th/8th lord conjunction

For discussion on planets, houses, signs, nakshatras, etc.
Forum rules
READ Forum-Wide Rules and Guidelines NOTICE: OFFENSIVE POSTS WILL BE DELETED, AND OFFENDERS WILL HAVE ALL POSTS MODERATED.
Shreya
Contributor
Contributor

Re: 6th/8th lord conjunction

Post by Shreya » 22 Aug 2011

Dear member,

Could you please explain what the following would point towards:
conjunction of 6th lord (Saturn) and 8th lord (Mars) in Lagna (Virgo)?

Regards,
Shreya

Dev
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Dev » 22 Aug 2011

Hope you are addressing me but everyone here is a member, so it would be better to address by name.

Conjunction of 6th and 8th lord in the trines is not good, ie in houses 1, 5 and 9.
Atleast as natural malefics, in kendras, they may lose some of their malificity.
For virgo lagna, mars in a functioal malefic being lord of 3rd and 8th, placed in his enemy mercury's house and placed with his enemy saturn.
I think there would not be peace of mind and mental stability (wavering nature) and health problems could be there too. Anyway depending on other planetary positions, if he does regular prayers, it could help.

Dev

Shreya
Contributor
Contributor

Dev,

I forgot to add an 's'. I meant 'members'!! Please forgive me :))
Thanks a lot for replying to my query!!

Regards,
Shreya

Dev
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Dev » 22 Aug 2011

Shreya:

That is not a big issue. It was just an advice.

Yes, it is always good to opinion from several members and each one will have his own point of view which can be useful. I myself welcome lot of replies.

In the horoscope specified wherein your said, there is 6th 8th lords conjunction, you also need to see if there are benefic aspects from jupiter for eg on these planets. If it is there, it can reduce the malefic effects to a great extent. So for getting more responses, it is advisable for you to give the birth time, place and date.

Dev

Shreya
Contributor
Contributor

---
Last edited by Shreya on 30 Nov 2012, edited 1 time in total.

Dev
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Dev » 23 Aug 2011

Hi Shreya:

Please ask for other opinions too.

Lagna and 10th lord jupiter has gone to 8th, mars and sat from 7th aspecting lagna, 6th lord sun with 4th and 7th lord mercury in lagna, mer has Kendradipatya dosha, rahu in 4th, ve lord of 3rd and 8th, a malefic for this lagna aspecting 5th house from 11th.
5th lord moon is exalted but suffers to some extent from kemadruma yoga.
Ve is debilitated in navamsa.

Is he having any job at all? Is he able to think independently. His healrh must bad. He could be violent in nature too. I see so many negatives in the horoscope.
Please give feedback about the person if it is possible.

Dev

Shreya
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Shreya » 23 Aug 2011

Dear Dev,
He has had a brilliant career till date. Even his education- he was a gold medalist in college! In fact he is riding on his fame and success as of now. You are correct about his health, though and also your doubts about his being unable to think independently are, to some extent true.
Are you sure the placements that you are saying are correct?

Shreya

Dev
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Dev » 23 Aug 2011

Dear Shreya:
You are correct about his health, though and also your doubts about his being unable to think independently are, to some extent true.

I never commented about his studies. He has to be intelligent due to budhaaditya yoga. Also profession, I feel he may have to leave his place of birth and also may not stick on to one job.
I do feel he is intelligent but his capacity to get influenced easily is high.
He may be intelligent but not wise. Hope u got it.

Dev

Shreya
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Shreya » 24 Aug 2011

Dev wrote: He may be intelligent but not wise.

Dev
Dear Dev,
I absolutely agree with you on this. He is very intelligent but surely lacks wisdom and gets easily swayed!
Can you please say anything about longevity? Is Mars and Saturn together dangerous?

Dev
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Dev » 24 Aug 2011

Dear Shreya:

Sat aspecting lagna is good and mars is after all the bhagya sthan lord, 9th lord and so it cannot affect longevity. But being enemies, their combination could give some sort of trouble and it could be with marriage even since they are in 7th. Not a good combination to have in the 7th.
Mars in 7th causes mars dosha and sat in 7th delays marriage. Of course some say mars dosha gets cancelled when associated with sat but it is still there I feel to a lesser extent.
Dev

Shreya
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Shreya » 24 Aug 2011

Dev,
Thanks for your analysis but as far as I know, he has got mars and saturn in lagna and not 7th house. He has sun-mercury in 7th, rahu in 10th, jupiter in 2nd etc.
I'm a little confused about the placements that you are saying! :(

Shreya

Dev
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Dev » 25 Aug 2011

Shreya:

Based on what birth information you have given, I only get as Pisces lagna and 7th having sa mars and 8th Ju.
Check your details and let me know. Also sa, mar and ju are all retro.

Dev

Shreya
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Shreya » 25 Aug 2011

Dev,

The person has virgo lagna. I don't understand why we are getting different placements!! :O

Regards,
Shreya

Dev
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Dev » 25 Aug 2011

Shreya:

Give me the time of birth, place and the latitude and longitude. I fed only what you gave. Anyway give me once again.

Dev

Shreya
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Shreya » 26 Aug 2011

Dear Dev,

The details are: male- Calcutta - 29/03/1982 - 17.30hrs

Regards,
Shreya

p.stranger
Contributor
Contributor

Post by p.stranger » 26 Aug 2011

Hello all ,
I also have 6th 8th lord conjuction in 5 th house, as we know that 5th house is house of intellect so it has badly affected my decision taking capabilities . whatever decision I take that decision produce wrong results. Now at this stage I feel that I have taken all wrong decisions related to my education and career , and that is the only reason why i am suffering in my career life.

Regards-
Pradeep

ravi_iyer
Contributor
Contributor

Post by ravi_iyer » 26 Aug 2011

p.stranger wrote:Hello all ,
I also have 6th 8th lord conjuction in 5 th house, as we know that 5th house is house of intellect so it has badly affected my decision taking capabilities . whatever decision I take that decision produce wrong results. Now at this stage I feel that I have taken all wrong decisions related to my education and career , and that is the only reason why i am suffering in my career life.

Regards-
Pradeep

I don't agree with that. I have 6th and 8th lord in 5th and I have done pretty well in life. Great education and good career.

Dev
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Dev » 28 Aug 2011

Hi Shreya:

I took birth time as 5.30am instead of 5.30PM. Now it comes out as Virgo/Kanya lagna with mars and saturn in lagna itself.

Dev

Shreya
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Shreya » 28 Aug 2011

Hi Dev,

Can u please tell me what you observe from the chart?

Shreya

Dev
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Dev » 28 Aug 2011

Hi Shreya:

There could be issues with respect to health as well as marriage due to lagna lord debilitated in 7th and in conjunction with 12th lord and aspected by mars and saturn.Mars is also a severe functional malefic for this lagna. Also confusion could prevail while decision making and wrong decisions could cause repentance later in general matters. Ketu in 4th is not very nice. He is aspected by mars as well.
I dont find serious problems with other issues.
In fact there are several good aspects though.
2nd and 9th lord venus in 5th unafflicted.
Moon exalted in 9th unafflicted.
Jupiter in 2nd unafflicted and aspecting 10th house of profession and also aspecting rahu.
Budha aditya yoga though aspected by mars saturn.
All planets except budha have good shadbala with a good istaphala.
Mercury however has low shadbala and low istaphala.
This may cause some disturbances in health, general weaknesses and nervous problems.
Chanting Vishnu Sahasranama everyday would help.

Seeing navamsa, venus is debilitated where he is lord of 2nd and 7th.
Me here is in papakartari between saturn and mars.
Sun is in 8th afflicted with ketu.
2nd house has rahu and is aspected by sa.
Ve is aspected by mars and jupiter by saturn.
Moon is in 12th.

In this chart, mars, saturn and jupiter are retrograde and this can be painful too with two malefics being retrograde and in lagna. Ma is also functional malefic for this lagna. As 8th lord, being in lagna and being enemy of dispositor mercury who is himself debilitated and being in association with saturn, I feel there could be health issues and some accidents.
Dev

Shreya
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Shreya » 29 Aug 2011

Dear Dev,

Thanks a LOT for the analysis! :)
Do you think debilitated mercury in 7th is what can cause troubles in marriage?
If you don't mind, will it be possible to tell me something about how his current dasa would be going according to these placements? He is going through Rahu-Venus right now.
Thanks again!!

Shreya

astro123
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by astro123 » 29 Aug 2011

Shreya wrote:Dear Dev,

Thanks a LOT for the analysis! :)
Do you think debilitated mercury in 7th is what can cause troubles in marriage?
If you don't mind, will it be possible to tell me something about how his current dasa would be going according to these placements? He is going through Rahu-Venus right now.
Thanks again!!

Shreya
Mercury in 7th is unwelcome as it is a planet of celibacy uncomfortable in the house of relationshio and thus 7th becomes its marana karak sthana...Ideal situation will prob be mercury in the 7th in exaltation/own sign/aspect from a benefic planet
Beginner/Learner of Vedic Astrology

Dev
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Dev » 29 Aug 2011

Hi Shreya:

Astro123 has said it all about mercury in the 7th.

A general look at the horoscope inidcates rahu-venus must be good, rahu is in 10th aspected by 4th and 7th lord jupiter in 2nd which is good and further he is in jupiter's star. Venus is lord of 2nd and 9th very well placed in 5th and is a yogakarak. He is also unafflicted. But the problem is that he is in the star of mars, lord of 3rd and 8th, a functional malefic for this lagna and also he is debilitated in navamsa.
Venus being in mars star, he should be all the more careful in his relationships with females with already afflictions to the 7th house and to the lagna lord.
Regular Prayers to Goddess Lakshmi and chanting of MahaLakshmi Astakam and Lakshmi Astottaram would help.
Cows could be fed with grass and vegetables especially on fridays.
Otherwise, things will be OK.

Dev

Shreya
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Shreya » 30 Aug 2011

Dear Dev,
He is a staunch atheist and miles away from any kind of remedies etc. His career is going extremely well but his marriage is in a lot of trouble right now, that's why I was asking about the 7th house. Do you see any reconciliation with his wife?
Thanks again!

Regards,
Shreya
Last edited by Shreya on 28 Jul 2013, edited 1 time in total.

Shreya
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Shreya » 30 Aug 2011

Dear astro123,

Thanks a lot for the explanation! :)

Regards,
Shreya