7-8 planets in one single house in a birthchart

For discussion on planets, houses, signs, nakshatras, etc.
Forum rules
READ Forum-Wide Rules and Guidelines NOTICE: OFFENSIVE POSTS WILL BE DELETED, AND OFFENDERS WILL HAVE ALL POSTS MODERATED.
Basab

7-8 planets in one single house in a birthchart

Post by Basab » 23 Apr 2007

hi Members,
is there a special way of looking at a birthchart where there is a concentration of planets in one single house. for ex. if in a chart there are 7-8 planets in one particular house then how should that chart be analyzed? responses from members of this discussion board will be appreciated.

Basab

Post by Basab » 23 Apr 2007

hi ladykin,
firstly, thanks a ton for the explanation. you are saying that the specific house in which there is a concentration of planets it's functionality gets enhanced but don't you think that's countering what is said in the BPHS or for that matter the Brihat Jataka. suppose there are 7 planets in the 5th house, the 5th house indicates education, intelligence etc so the person will definitely be good in education and will be very intelligent as the significance of the house get's enhanced but that's against what is said in the BPHS which states that the person in a Gola Yoga will be devoid of learning and intelligence.
the same way a concentration of planets in the 11th house or for that matter in the 2nd house will definitely indicate earning a lot of wealth as both these houses signifies that but the Gola Yoga says that the person will be devoid of wealth.
would like to get a response from you on this matter. no i have never come across a birthchart which has 7-8 planets in one single house.

mandira
Contributor
Contributor

Post by mandira » 24 Apr 2007

here is a chart that has concentration of most planets in 1 house.

the details are: Sept 4 1979 9.30 am 75 E 51 0, 30 N 54 0 (Ludhiana). The person is female.
There are some issues in birth time, i.e. she claims birth time to be between 8.30 - 9 am. But 8.30 - 9 am would put majority of planets in 12th house - her life is not full of losses and hardships. She in fact has a very good job (just got promoted in Jan 07) and lives a fairly "luxurious" life.

So I rectified it to the next lagna which makes the overcrowding of planets in 11th house - gains/desires, fullfilment etc of her wishes. It seems to make more sense.

Basab

Post by Basab » 24 Apr 2007

hi ladykin,
thanks for explaining the Gola yoga in such an elaborate manner.
hi Mandira,
thanks for sharing this chart. i have never come across a chart like this so it's interesting to come across one at last.
i think this natives mother will be sick or may have an untimely death as the moon in the 4th house is aspected by malefic mars and the 4th lord saturn is in the 11th house which is the 8th house from the 4th house. in the navamsha the moon is again with malefic mars in the 8th house so not good for the health of the native's mother.
career of the native does look good as 10th lord is in the 4th house aspecting the 10th house and so many planets in the 11th house of gains definitely indicates success in life and lots of wealth.

alap_shah
Contributor
Contributor

Post by alap_shah » 25 Apr 2007

I am not very much sure but rajiv gandhi was having 6-7 planets in ascedent.

Best Regards
Alap Shah

Basab

Post by Basab » 25 Apr 2007

Rajiv Gandhi had 5 planets in his lagna.

anupam1968
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by anupam1968 » 26 Apr 2007

The concentration of four or five planets in one house signifies that energy is accumulating specifically in a particular area but ofcourse on the cost of other houses. Generally, it is not considered good since the even distribution of energy indicates a kind of balance in life and on the contrary its concentration in a particular house considered to be the dissipation of the same or too much focus on a particular aspect of life by the native. But this is just general rule and exceptions can be there also.

You can take into notice the concentration of five planets in the eighth house of rajneesh and his whole life was aimed at unfolding the mysteries of nature and also a kind of obsession to be original in the same field. He was original in every sense which is the gift of the eighth house since it gives keen interest to see the things from different perspective and do not satisfied with the general descriptions of the matters.

In case of amitabh everything happened in his life suddenly and unexpectedly whether for good or bad since there are four planets in the eighth house. My uncle has five planets in the tenth house and he is in job since the age of 16 till now in the age of 47, continuously.

Even me who has almost six planets concentration on the eight house four by placement and other two by aspects make it one of the most important house. In my life everything never happened with a kind of process but it always happened abruptly with seemingly untold uncertainity. The main focus of energy on the eighth house also has made me a kind of obsesessive who does not feel like satisfied with the already known facts but want to find them from the other way round.

If you will take notice of year 1962 you will find lot of horoscopes with concentration of five of six planets in one house. Kn rao suggests Mandook dasha of gemini in these kind of cases.

alap_shah
Contributor
Contributor

Post by alap_shah » 26 Apr 2007

Dear Anupamji,

Really great explaination.

I have also experienced the same.

One kundali i am talking about is having mars,jupiter and rahu in ascedent and sun,ketu and mercury in 7th house.

I always found the guy busy in thinking about his personel appearance and marriage related activities.

I found him so much dependent on female friends and their thoughts without concentrating on his carrer and family problems.

Best Regards
Alap Shah

Basab

Post by Basab » 26 Apr 2007

dear Anupamji,
a friend of mine has 5 planets in the lagna, what can that signify?
he is a very weird kind of a person.
my brother has 4 planets in the 6th house and 2 planets in the 8th house. but he is not very sick and life is very smooth for him. what do you think about it.
your response will be appreciated.

Gajender

Post by Gajender » 26 Apr 2007

Anupamji,
All the examples given by you shows successful people with a high concentration of planets in eighth house. And all of the examples had to go thru' initial struggle in life and then finally successful. Does it mean that a malefic house had given struggles initially and then it has given the good results. Will it be true for all malefic houses? Do you have similar examples for 6th and 12th house.
What if similar concetration for good houses, lets say 5th or 9th house. Will that indicate an initial success but later not allowing the person to go deep inside and not coming to full maturity and then end of life miserable.
Is it that too much negative influence makes a person think deeply, go inside himself and then finally come out as a purified better person.
And otherway round for a person with concentration of planets in good houses.
Thanks
Gajender.

anupam1968
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

a friend of mine has 5 planets in the lagna, what can that signify?
he is a very weird kind of a person.
my brother has 4 planets in the 6th house and 2 planets in the 8th house. but he is not very sick and life is very smooth for him. what do you think about it

Actually, it depends upon the sign in which they are placed. If u go through rajneesh's chart the majority of planets are in saggitarius, the sign of dharma or spirituality. And all the planets are aspecting the house of vani so speech relates with dharma come to the fore in terms of his profession. And that also with the significance of eighth house a trendsetter.

Except them you also have to take into account the strongest planet of the whole horoscope or of the eighth house out of the five planets. You also have take into consideration the moon sign, sun sign and influence upon the fifth house.

This strongest planet is like the leader and the other are influencing him as per their karkatwas or significances. Now see amitabh chart ascendent is aquarius ,a innovative and new age sign. Moon is placed in libra ,a sign of artistic pursuits. And the majority of the planets are in virgo(vani or speech) in the eighth house(trendsetter). Atleast five planets are aspecting the second house, the house of speech. Lagna lord in taurus again artistic sign.

So, now one thing becomes confirmed that all the unexpectedness , uncertainity and success relate with the artistic profession relates with the speech and facial expression as you know well second house is the house of face also.

As far as your friend's horoscope is concerned generallly speaking this kind of combination will make him too much self conscious or egocentric. But ofcourse this is just the general indications without taking the whole of the horoscope.

anupam1968
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Does it mean that a malefic house had given struggles initially and then it has given the good results. Will it be true for all malefic houses? Do you have similar examples for 6th and 12th house.
Dear Gajender Ji,

Mere placement of planets in malefic houses do not give bad or good results. In all actuality it depends upon the quality of placements. For example if you will go through some horoscopes then you will find that the placements of malefics in dushthana houses create havoc in native's life ,why, since all the maleficity of the concerned houses come to the fore because there are supporting hands to activate its maleficity.

But when benefics come here they activate the positive aspects of these dusthana houses say benefics in 8th house make the person somewhat resercher especially the things relate with unfolding the mystery or the things which always have been always mocked at or the things unexplainable.

Eighth house is also to be known for unexpectedness and sudden outburst of hidden talents. Now if malefics would be there they will take out the worst crimnal tendencies or make the native a shrewd cold blooded criminal. But criminal with a kind of originality who kills people in his peculiar way.

You can apply the same definations to sixth and twelfth house also. Once you know the positive aspects of these houses. I have seen some horoscopes with the concentration of planets in twelfth house and majority of them are somehow or the other relates with foreign matters. Some are settled in abroad , some are doing export business or relate with foreign ministry.

In my view when benefics are in the dusthana house it makes the person a peculiar kind of learner. He falls so many times in life but everytime he takes divine lesson to improve further on. By continuous failures he cultivates a kind of humility deep inside which is given by dusthana houses by putting him upside down so many times.

And as soon as his ego shatters that he is nobody his life takes a peculiar turn. I have not seen a single exception in this regard if anyone has I will welcome.

janakshah
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by janakshah » 26 Apr 2007

Mandira,

Is this "female" from Ludhiana, loves dancing? Is she working with the company who caters to the masses? Do you know the date of her promotion?

tanivi
Contributor
Contributor

Post by tanivi » 26 Apr 2007

Hello Anupamji,
Eighth house is also to be known for unexpectedness and sudden outburst of hidden talents. Now if malefics would be there they will take out the worst crimnal tendencies or make the native a shrewd cold blooded criminal. But criminal with a kind of originality who kills people in his peculiar way.

One of the planetary combinations that is of interest to me is the 8th house. This is quite an extraordinary statement that you have made. I would be afraid to make such a blanket stattement. I did try to dig up some horoscopes of people with saturn in 8th house. Here are a few.

S. Radhakrishnan - 2nd President of India
Saggitarius ascendant , Sat & Rahu in cancer

Sarojini Naiu - Famously known as the Nightingale of India
Leo ascendant, saturn in Pisces

Sunil Gavaskar - There is no Indian who doesn't know him
Capricorn ascendant, saturn in Leo
All these are pre-eminent Indian citizens, of excellent character.
Now, it is possible, that privately they had difficulties in different aspects of their lives, but who doesn't? There are going to be malefics whether functional or inherent is immaterial. These malefics will always be present in a chart somewhere causing trouble. The point is certainly none of these were criminal by nature or behaviour. In fact they were outstanding role-models to which all Indians can look up to for generations to come.

Other planetary positions can override the negatives, and life can be lived on a much more elevated level than what could be indicated by a malefic in the 8th house. Also, saturn is in cancer and leo in 2 cases here, not even in a sign it owns. Saturn in these 2 can be quite awful.

Recently I read that the actress Aishwarya has mars in the 8th. She has everything materially desirable in the world, in fact the world is at her feet, of course, most of her life is yet to be lived, so it is not the best of examples, but yes, the worst of the malefics, mars and Saturn , in the 8th may not always be indicative of the worst karma/bhog on this planet.
Last edited by tanivi on 27 Apr 2007, edited 1 time in total.

anupam1968
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

One of the planetary combinations that is of interest to me is the 8th house. This is quite an extraordinary statement that you have made. I would be afraid to make such a blanket stattement
You are taking me in a completely wrong way. What I said that was general statement which I gave just to understand the peculiarities of the eighth house ofcourse the statement was too strong. This is the house of extremity and I meant to say in how many ways this extremity can menifest.

I have myself the placement of sun,mars and the aspect of saturn in the eighth house but this does not make me an obsessive or habitual criminal but this obsessiveness is directed towards knowing the mystery of nature in his own peculiar way.

Why, since, there is an unafflicted jupiter in the tenth in leo, fifth house is unafflicted and ninth house is getting the aspect of three strong benefics. And moon is of guru purnima. So, the concentration of planets in eighth house gave me a kind of aggresive approach towards spirituality who does not go by the laid guidelines of scriptures and want to find the things from the otherway round. This is the result of the placement of sun,mars and saturn in my eighth house.

So, you have to take into consideration what kind of horoscope you are seeing. You have to see the ascendetn,fifth and ninth if they are afflicted and add to them the concentration of malefics are there then you can conclude that the statement is right unless it seems to be like lopsided approach. Add to them the condition of moon and mercury is very important. Since they signify mind.

You will find that in classics it written that the placement of tenth lord in eighth house means that the native will earn through illegal means but this is just a general statement. The eighth placement of tenth lord also means the destruction of karmas which is very beneficial if someone is treading upon spiritual path since without the burning of the karmic seeds nobody can get ultimate realization. So, how the planets will behave in a particular house for that you have to understand the whole horoscope only then you can reach any substantial conclusion.

Add to them I was talking about the concentration of too many planets in the eighth house instead of one or two and that also in malefic signs which are in no way are pisces,cancer and leo.
I am sorry that my statement made you confused.
Last edited by anupam1968 on 26 Apr 2007, edited 2 times in total.

alap_shah
Contributor
Contributor

Dear Anupamji,

If 10th lord is placed in 8th house but if it is exhaulted just like venus in case of leo ascedent what does it mean?

Best Regards
Alap Shah

anupam1968
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

If 10th lord is placed in 8th house but if it is exhaulted just like venus in case of leo ascedent what does it mean?
It will be illogical to pass any judgement by seeing a mere placement of a planet in a particular house. Without going through whole horoscope you cant define anything. Ofcourse general statements are many which you also know well, I think.

alap_shah
Contributor
Contributor

Dear Anupamji,

I am not having any idea , but trying to learn by experienced people like you.

Again my query would be same , but i would like to elaborate ,

If 10th lord venus is placed in 8th house in pisces sign aspected by ascedent mars and 2nd house placed saturn what would be result.

Would appreciate your humble help.

Best Regards
Alap Shah

Gajender

Post by Gajender » 28 Apr 2007

Anupamji,
Thanks for the explaination. It is such a learning experience from all of your posts. Your respnses are at higher level than just certain rules and guidelines in astrology.
I agree with you that if we want to understand it properly, we need to go beyond the texts.
Just few more examples to add to the effect of 8th house. Mr, Vaughan Paul mentioned that his interest in astrology/spiritiual learnings happened suddenly realted to 8th house.

Thanks
Gajender.

Basab

Post by Basab » 29 Apr 2007

Kamala,
in which house are the 7 planets?