Mysteries of 8th house

For discussion on planets, houses, signs, nakshatras, etc.
Forum rules
READ Forum-Wide Rules and Guidelines NOTICE: OFFENSIVE POSTS WILL BE DELETED, AND OFFENDERS WILL HAVE ALL POSTS MODERATED.
mannu21
Contributor
Contributor

Mysteries of 8th house

Post by mannu21 » 23 Mar 2011

The 8th house governs "forbidden" topics such as sex, death, the occult and other people’s money! In addition, it is the most profound of all of the houses.

The eighth house represents the release from personal limitations, which means rebirth/ regeneration and even death. Being second to the seventh house, the eighth house also signifies the money or possessions of partners. It also represents extraction of essences, expenditures, mysteries, business corporations, the stock market, research, restoration, psychoanalysis, and taxes. In addition, the eighth house brings to mind transformation, reincarnation, removal, recycling, scandals and secrets.

Kindly provide your inputs and experience about the 8th house. lets try to reveal some of its mystries

Regards

Mannu

May Sai Bless All !

vidhyanine
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Re: Mysteries of 8th house

Post by vidhyanine » 23 Mar 2011

Dear Mannu,

I am so glad you have started this thread. I am a beginner so I will love to see what others have to contribute to this topic.

I hope Astroboy can give some of his experience and knowledge on this subject.

Vidhya
Smile

Sunjit86
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Sunjit86 » 23 Mar 2011

Good Post. Looking forward to insights.

All i have been hearing are negative things about the eight house.

I dont think the 8th house is as bad as everybody makes it out to be.

Question to think about could be:

How does an exalted planet in 8th house affect it?

vhb
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by vhb » 23 Mar 2011

Deleted
Last edited by vhb on 30 Aug 2012, edited 1 time in total.
चाह गयी चिंता मिटी, मनुआ बेपरवाह,
जिसको कुछ ना चाहिए,वह शाहो का भी शाह !

cjappu
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by cjappu » 23 Mar 2011

Hi all,
For 8th house have a look at this http://www.lightonvedicastrology.com/articles-gifts.htm
Best rgds,
cjappu

mona.d
Contributor
Contributor

Post by mona.d » 23 Mar 2011

Last edited by mona.d on 23 Dec 2012, edited 1 time in total.

spidey
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by spidey » 23 Mar 2011

Me too.

My eight house is in gemini and has rahu it it. I guess I ought to be prepared for a cosmic onslaught. :wink:
Interesting...I have Rahu in 8th house in gemini too !
I am a student of this subject , and hence I might be wrong in my calculations. Kindly seek other opinions too , before coming to a conclusion.

shilpa
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by shilpa » 23 Mar 2011

8th house is ayustahn and at the same time a dusthan...which sounds larger than life evil.
But all dusthans in our astrology are mixed house....houses of trade-offs....which give you something when strong....but at the same time take away some ( and sometimes a lot).

when looking at longevity......8th house, it's Lord and planets place therein to be looked at to determine longevity ( along with 3rd house).
If strong:
1)8th house supports longevity ( along with other factros influencing longevity)
2)8th is the 2nd to 7th house of marriage and will yield fruits of marriage if strong...conjugal bliss, physical / sexual satisfaction out of marriage.
3)the other postive side is inheritances......unexpected wealths, gifts, financing when in need...especially during it's dasas and anatardasa

BUT since it's a dusthan....there is a price to pay if it is strong, the trade-off that I talked about earlier.

4)8th is the 12th to the 9th......vyaya bhav w.r.t Dharmasthan...... loss of dharma due to for example over indulgence in Kaama/ sex, over reliance on others' wealth. And that means loss of Karmik credits for the lives beyond.

5)Strong 8th also brings in other factors such as health issues ( whihc is diffrent from longevity), propensity towards accidents, destruction of personal wealth by enemies......and so on.

A benefic as the lord of or sitting in 8th will temper down the dustahn effects of the 8th house.....but will lose it's benefic powers else where in the chart
Trade-off!
what do you want to use your benefics for.......to do you more good?
Or to reduce the bads in your life??

Ideally I would want my 8th to be balanced or perhaps mildy weak.........instead of super-strong.

regards
1हनुमान2अंजनीसुत3वायुपुत्र4महाबल5रामेष्ट6फाल्गुनसखा7पिंगाक्ष8अमितविक्रम9उदधिक्रमण10सीताशोकविनाशन 11लक्षमणप्राणदाता12दशग्रीवदर्पहा

Sunjit86
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Sunjit86 » 23 Mar 2011

Shilpa,

If mars occupies my 8th house in Capricorn, would you consider the 8th house to be strong or balanced? Cant we conclude that because 8th house is a dusthana, having an exalted planet balances out the good and bad?

shilpa
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by shilpa » 23 Mar 2011

Sunjit86 wrote:Shilpa,

If mars occupies my 8th house in Capricorn, would you consider the 8th house to be strong or balanced? Cant we conclude that because 8th house is a dusthana, having an exalted planet balances out the good and bad?
Dear Sunjit,
we have to see where L8 shani is placed to judge the strength of 8th house....and what are the aspects on the 8th also.

If Capricorin is your 8th...then Mars is your 6th and 11th Lord......and when in exalation this will give you good and challanges also....precisely the trade-off that I talked about.

Remember you have to look at the placement of Lord of the house and aspects on it.... also to judge the strenght of that Bhaav.

Regards
1हनुमान2अंजनीसुत3वायुपुत्र4महाबल5रामेष्ट6फाल्गुनसखा7पिंगाक्ष8अमितविक्रम9उदधिक्रमण10सीताशोकविनाशन 11लक्षमणप्राणदाता12दशग्रीवदर्पहा

vhb
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by vhb » 24 Mar 2011

Deleted

shilpa
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by shilpa » 24 Mar 2011

Hello vhb,
why don't you give me your dat, time, place of birth
vhb wrote:Dear Shilpa ji,

Thank you very much for explaining it in details.It is of great help for beginners like us. :D
shilpa wrote:Remember you have to look at the placement of Lord of the house and aspects on it.... also to judge the strenght of that Bhaav.
In my case,

A) 8th house is empty,Jupiter aspects from 2nd house & Mars from 5th house.(Rasi Drishti)

B) Lord of 8th (Mercury) is in 3rd house with Sun & Rahu.Moon has graha drishti & Saturn has Rashi Drishti on 8th lord.

Should I consider 8th house & its lord to be strong or weak?

Could you please help me understand this? I kindly request you to please guide & help me.

Best Regards,
Vhb

Sunjit86
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Sunjit86 » 24 Mar 2011

Shilpa,

My eighth lord is actually in 6th house (scorpio) which gives rise to Parivartana Yoga and Veeparata Raja Yoga.

vhb
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Deleted
Last edited by vhb on 30 Aug 2012, edited 2 times in total.

shilpa
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

vhb wrote:Hi Shilpa ji,

Thanks for replying.

Please reply.

Best Regards,
Vhb
Dear VHB,

--8th Lord Me is combust in the 3rd house.
--Ju from it's own house aspects the 8th
--Ma from a friendly 5th house is aspecting the 8th house

you don't have a strong 8th house and in addtion it receives the protective/ benefic drishti of a very strong Jupiter and the energy to fight adversity from a friendly Mars.
So you don't receieve unexpected wealths from hidden sources...but at the same time are well protected from any major health issues/ accidents etc.

On the trade-off side your 8th Lord is also the 11L...whihc means that you don't get the optimal income returns from your direct job...but a strong 2nd house and good 5th, and well placed wealth-karak Ju ensures you are not is shortage of money.

regards
Last edited by shilpa on 19 May 2011, edited 1 time in total.

vhb
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Deleted

Dinesh.Srivastava
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Dinesh.Srivastava » 24 Mar 2011

DELETED
Last edited by Dinesh.Srivastava on 06 May 2011, edited 1 time in total.
LIVE - INTENSELY ..... ..... LOVE - IMMENSELY

anuradha
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by anuradha » 24 Mar 2011

Getting the basics right should be the first priority in any field of endeavor , Hap-Hazard ways leads to no where
Dear, So true. You can also go through the old issues of '' Astrologiclal Magazine'' and ''Trik House Ki Gatha'' By Amrita Preetam to know more about trik houses. Regards
A person should not be too honest. Straight trees are cut first and honest people are screwed first.
“Reasoning with a drunkard is like
Going under water with a torch to seek for a drowning man.”

Dinesh.Srivastava
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

DELETED

anuradha
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Dear, Very good to know. You can also go through, Mansagri, Jataka Parijat, Jatak Tatwa,Phaldeepika, Saaravali etc. But never trust anything no net until you verify by the text book, e.g there are hundred twenty two exception of manglik dosha. regards
A person should not be too honest. Straight trees are cut first and honest people are screwed first.

Dinesh.Srivastava
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

DELETED

anuradha
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Absolutely Absolutely Agree with you on that one , In fact My dad wouldn't even listen to me if I don't adhere to the classics ...... he always says "Their is no harm in looking at things from the contemporary point of view but the laws created by our seers are always applicable "

for example : Now a days , people try to propagate a theory that in our times MERCURY is the primary DHAN-KARAKA and not JUPITER , but since our classics says that MERCURY is easily impressionable thus it will behave differently for different people , so I don't think it would be correct to replace a planet as strong and benefic as JUPITER by someone like MERCURY .

there are hundred twenty two exception of manglik dosha.

I dont give much importance to either YOGAS / DOSHAS for two reasons

[1] If the chart is inherently weak then no amounts of yoga can help the native , its like giving a 7 course meal to a man who doesn't have teeth

[2] Their are hundreds and hundreds of Yoga and Doshas and their Exceptions and Bhangs Condition for example just like NEECH-BHANGA their is also UCCHA-BHANGA , but I have never seen people talk about that on the net

The problem is that people use astrology to scare people for example with shani , first their is sade-sati then ashtama shani and dhaiya of shani and then its transit over natal position and natal sun , if anything it will encompass at least 7 house in one cycle .... now i dont get the logic when someone is saying indirectly that in one cycle a native will be unlucky for around 18 years atleast ...... I DONT BUY IT

Any ways....

Regards
---Dinesh
LIVE INTENSELY ... ... LOVE IMMENSELY

Dinesh.Srivastava

Dear, Jupiter is the karka only. Mangal dosha is also used to create the fear , that why I mention the exception ,can be used for matching which no body refer to. regards

Dinesh.Srivastava
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

DELETED

anuradha
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Good to know that we are on the same page ..... BTW we won against australia .... Congratulations every one

Regards
---Dinesh
LIVE INTENSE
Thanks dear.regards

shilpa
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

vhb wrote:Dear Shilpa ji,

Thank you very much for replying.I am truly grateful to you. :D
shilpa wrote:On the trade-off side your 8th Lord is also the 11L...whihc means that you don't get the optimal income returns from your direct job...but a strong 2nd house and good 5th, and well placed wealth-karak Ju ensures you are not is shortage of money.
Wow!!! what a interpretation!! It is an exact analysis of my situation.You have summarized the whole story in few words.It is "Bilkul Satik"as we say in Hindi.

Now,the only worry I have is: Will I always get these blessings of Jupiter & Mars? This is the biggest & last question regarding my financial future?I am very curious to know how this will pan out? BTW,I would like to remind you that you have analyzed my marriage with the same level of accuracy.

I kindly request you to please help me once again.

Best Regards,
Vhb
Dear VHB,

thanks for reminiding me of the marriage related predictions I made.

Jupiter if well placed...acts throughout as a guardian and protector of nearly half the chart it sweeps ( in your case it Lords 2nd and 5th and aspects 6th, 8th and 10th)...throuhgout.....and rewards highly during it's Dasas and anatardasa
So have no fear.
and during the sub-periods of Mars.......you shall have good fortune in property/ land/ realestate related matters.

regards