Mysteries of 8th house

For discussion on planets, houses, signs, nakshatras, etc.
Forum rules
READ Forum-Wide Rules and Guidelines NOTICE: OFFENSIVE POSTS WILL BE DELETED, AND OFFENDERS WILL HAVE ALL POSTS MODERATED.
vhb
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Re: Mysteries of 8th house

Post by vhb » 24 Mar 2011

Deleted
Last edited by vhb on 30 Aug 2012, edited 1 time in total.

चाह गयी चिंता मिटी, मनुआ बेपरवाह,
जिसको कुछ ना चाहिए,वह शाहो का भी शाह !

astro123
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by astro123 » 24 Mar 2011

planets in the 8th house also tell us about the mode of death..any inputs in that regard will be appreciated...eg- i think mars in 8th alone could give surgery or death due to an accident etc
Beginner/Learner of Vedic Astrology

Sunjit86
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Sunjit86 » 24 Mar 2011

Hi Astro123 and learned friends,

I have also heard about that. Fortunately, in my mars antara-dasha, i did not experience any surgeries or accidents. To add to that, i was in the army in that period.

However, i was more determined, aggressive, persistent and all that. I think it was due to my exalted mars in the 8th house.

However, someone once told me this analogy about a "positive" Mars,especially in my case. He said that Mars is like the Principal in a school.A teacher will teach you good stuff and reward you well. Also, when you make a mistake, you will be reprimanded,but not severely. The principal knows more, teaches you more and therefore rewards you very well. If you make a mistake though, Get ready for the punishment.

I think you have my birth particulars if you do want to check. Also, My mars is involved in vipareeta raja yoga, the lord of the 8th house. This also means that there is a parivartana yoga. I would say Saturn dasha was alright, gave me alot of stamina and persistence as well.

Furthermore, in my navamsa, my mars and saturn are exalted, with mars being in vargottama in the 12th house and Saturn conjunct mercury in the 9th house.

In D-1, i also have Moon in 3rd house being aspected my Mars. This supposedly makes me aggresive, which i am but it is controlled. There are , i believe, trickle effects of chandra-mangala yoga because of the aspect, but nothing strong. However, Chandra is waning and in the stage of becoming a new moon, which i believe according to Khoo, means, that when i was younger, nothing great happened, but as i grow older, things started becoming better ( which is very true).

I dont really know how moon in the 3rd house of leo and in a waning phase, attaining new moon affects the 8th house though. The tithi is Krishna Trayodashi , with 18.36% which i believe means there was 18.36% left of the waning process before it switched to the new moon. I hope i inferred that correctly.

I think ,the 8th house is a "bad" house but i think the forces protecting you can and should be taken into account.

ranjan.75
Contributor
Contributor

Post by ranjan.75 » 24 Mar 2011

Hi Shilpa,

In my D1 Chart 7th & 8th Lord Saturn in Ascendant (Cancer) & Moon in 7th, Saturn in pushya Nakshatram & moon in Uttrashad Nakshatra.
Saturn in Ascendant (dusthan lord in Ascendant), what effect of my life ?

regard / Ranjan, 16-09-1975, 02.15 AM, Devprayag, Terhri Garhwal, uttrakhand

shilpa
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by shilpa » 25 Mar 2011

mastikhor wrote:HELLO SIR/MAM,

MY 8TH HOUSE HAS SUN IN VIRGO. MARS(RETRO) AND MOON IN 2ND HOUSE IN MEEN ASPECT IT, JUPITER(RETR0) IN 4TH HOUSE IN TAURUS ALSO ASPECT IT.

WHAT WE CAN CONCLUDE FROM THIS?
26-09-88
4.55PM
MEERUT(UP)
Dear friend,

-your 8th house Lord Me is in a friendly sign of Ve in the 9th

--Lord of the 7th is Su sitting in friendly 8th house of Me

--Ju, Ma and Sa are all aspecting the 8th house.....it's a rather active house and a reasonably strong one.

-- interest and belief in occult/ astrology/ magic/ spiritualism. Willingness to learn all of that with a lot of patience and energy.

Your spouse ( if married) does not share these inetrest. I suspect she will be from a wealthy / affluent family.

2 questions?
Are you maried ?
How was your period from health point of view from Feb 2008 to Feb 2009?

regards
1हनुमान2अंजनीसुत3वायुपुत्र4महाबल5रामेष्ट6फाल्गुनसखा7पिंगाक्ष8अमितविक्रम9उदधिक्रमण10सीताशोकविनाशन 11लक्षमणप्राणदाता12दशग्रीवदर्पहा

shilpa
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

ranjan.75 wrote:Hi Shilpa,

In my D1 Chart 7th & 8th Lord Saturn in Ascendant (Cancer) & Moon in 7th, Saturn in pushya Nakshatram & moon in Uttrashad Nakshatra.

Hello ranjan,

Sa is in it's own Nakshatra...but sitting in the house of Moon.

Moon is in freindly Sun's Nakshatra...but sitting in the house of Saturn.

--the problem is not so much dustahn lord with the ascendant....but Shani in moon's house...causing perpetual mental confusion/ dillemas ( and sometime even hurdels)over every aspect of you life.
The 8th house itself is not so strong.

--However moon-Sa are in an exchange yoga between the 1-7 houses.
This has given you the power to conciosly learn to overcome these dilemma/ doubts/ confusions as time has progressed.
You are much better handling this now, then you may have been say in your younger years.

--your married life ( if married) may be hard-work , full of duties and responsibilties and possibly even emotional turmoil

--family ( parental) has been supprotive and availbale both monetarily and emotionally throuhg your times of need.

--The Mahadasa of a strong Jupiter in it's own house....ruling your Bhagyasthan...starts in a few months time....and life gets ,much, much better as Jupiter is very well placed in dasa-varga charts also.

Regards
1हनुमान2अंजनीसुत3वायुपुत्र4महाबल5रामेष्ट6फाल्गुनसखा7पिंगाक्ष8अमितविक्रम9उदधिक्रमण10सीताशोकविनाशन 11लक्षमणप्राणदाता12दशग्रीवदर्पहा

chinni

Post by chinni » 25 Mar 2011

Hello,

My son has ra ,sun and me in 8th house and sa, ke aspecting 8th house from 2nd house.His birth details are

Vijayawada,India 17/09/1996 and time 17.44 hrs.

At present he is studying well and wants to do Ph.d in Physics.
Can Anyone analyse his 8th house.

regards

Chinni.

xlr8ed
Contributor
Contributor

Post by xlr8ed » 25 Mar 2011

Hello members

My 8th house is scorpio LAGNA ..with conjuctions JUPITER,MERCURY,VENUS ..8th Lord in 11th Aquarius , a SATURN ruled house.

some spec predicts:
MERCURY-JUPITER-VENUS. Should Mercury, Jupiter and Venus be together, the native will have good physique, be successful over his enemies, be a king, fortunate, widely famous and truthfully disposed.

Texts say anything in 8th become malefic ..is it TRUE in LAGAN also ?

please guide shilpa ji..

shilpa
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

xlr8ed wrote:Hello members

My 8th house is scorpio LAGNA ..with conjuctions JUPITER,MERCURY,VENUS ..8th Lord in 11th Aquarius , a SATURN ruled house.

some spec predicts:
MERCURY-JUPITER-VENUS. Should Mercury, Jupiter and Venus be together, the native will have good physique, be successful over his enemies, be a king, fortunate, widely famous and truthfully disposed.

Texts say anything in 8th become malefic ..is it TRUE in LAGAN also ?

please guide shilpa ji..
For clarity sake, post your date, time ace of birth.
Regards

ranjan.75
Contributor
Contributor

Post by ranjan.75 » 25 Mar 2011

Hi Shilpa,

Thanks for reply.

shilpa wrote:
ranjan.75 wrote:Hi Shilpa,

Hello ranjan,

Sa is in it's own Nakshatra...but sitting in the house of Moon.

Moon is in freindly Sun's Nakshatra...but sitting in the house of Saturn.

--the problem is not so much dustahn lord with the ascendant....but Shani in moon's house...causing perpetual mental confusion/ dillemas ( and sometime even hurdels)over every aspect of you life.
The 8th house itself is not so strong.

--However moon-Sa are in an exchange yoga between the 1-7 houses.
This has given you the power to conciosly learn to overcome these dilemma/ doubts/ confusions as time has progressed.
You are much better handling this now, then you may have been say in your younger years.

--your married life ( if married) may be hard-work , full of duties and responsibilties and possibly even emotional turmoil

--family ( parental) has been supprotive and availbale both monetarily and emotionally throuhg your times of need.

--The Mahadasa of a strong Jupiter in it's own house....ruling your Bhagyasthan...starts in a few months time....and life gets ,much, much better as Jupiter is very well placed in dasa-varga charts also.

Regards

xlr8ed
Contributor
Contributor

Post by xlr8ed » 28 Mar 2011

Hello Shilpa ji

12-11-1971
8:20Am
narela(delhi)

regards!

shilpa
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by shilpa » 29 Mar 2011

dreamz86 wrote:
Sunjit86 wrote:Shilpa,

My eighth lord is actually in 6th house (scorpio) which gives rise to Parivartana Yoga and Veeparata Raja Yoga.
hi ..shilpa ji
pls help me i am experiencing a very bad phase of my life and i dont know what to do,
my birth date is 15.09.1986, birth time :11.35 am, place mumbai maharashtra..
my spouse date is 26.05.1984, birth time:12.45 am, place: aurangabad,bihar.

we did enagagement on 17th auguast and a court mariage on 20th septemeber...and he went to UK.
just the marriage between friends and family was left in jan but we had a fight on oct 29th,2010.
we had marriage on 24th jan
but he didnt came back to india.
but since enagement we are having problems in our relationship..
regarding he misunderstanding me always.
please guide me whether i should marry him or not.
he is always ready to part ways and he is not talking to me or any of his family members since 29th of oct because he will have to marry!

he is going under ketu mahadasha is this effecting the relationship?

we have nadi dosh in our match but our horoscopes are matching from 23 to 24 points.
i dont know..i guess its antya nadi dosh... dont know what are its consequences as well.

one more thing he is having ketu in 8th house,and i read somewhere it affects the health of wife and she can die..how far in our case.

and his 12th house... haveing sun..
so i had heard somewhere that he will never be able to marry what his mom chooses and whomsoever he will marry he will keep doing the same things to the lady.

dreamz,
that is a rather strange post....you have already married him...so what do you mean whether you should marry him or not?
assuming you are legally married and looking at the boy's chart...i feel the following:

--Ve is in it's own house in the fourth combust and 7th Lord sun is also in the 4th conjunct with rahu.

--too much of maternal/ parental influence is pulling him in a wrong direction ( away from you) in my opinion.
That he is running Ketu Dasa doesn't help in relationship matters......he may have lost hope temporarily.

--the good news is that after 19th april the Ke dasa ends and Venus periods starts...venus lords his bhagya sthan also and is in Taurus.....he will take the more righteous path and fullfill his duties / responsbilities towards marriage.

--Jupiter sits in the house of marriage in Navamsa and aspects it in the Rasi.
I believe the marriage will survive....it will be a roller coaster but things should improve after April

good luck

shilpa
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

sunil.rupani wrote:Shilpa ji

please have a look at this chart too it has 4 planets in 8th house
rohit,29-11-1974,agra,16:02....how do you see its significance and also rahu will transit it soon
thanks
dear sunil,

-- 8th lord is in 7th and well placed and the lord is Mangal....married life may not be the best in terms of adjustments. Probably more physical than emotional.

-- Me and Ve are combust in the 8th house...Ve more so than Me. Sun is strong in the friendly house of MARS but Rahu with a higher degree.
Exalted but afflicted moon aspects the 8th house

- This is a mixed 8th house...In my read all of Ma, Me, ve, Ra and Su will give some 8th house significations during their dasas and anatardasas...

--the Ma subperiods will create turbulence but will give you the control in marriage.

-- Me sub periods will almost defnitely cause you health issues and hurdles in work.

--the Ra and sun periods will be positive giving you will power, leadership and creativity to succeed in business financing, partnerships, occult studies.....at the same time creating health issues also.

All in all because almost all your planets have footprints in the 8th house, you overall life is full of good and problematic ocuurences ( relationships, business health) happening simulataneosuly.....almost all the time.

regards

shilpa
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

dreamz86 wrote:hi..shilpa ji.
how will this nadi dosha affect us?
sorry i don't follow the system of horoscope matching.
it doesn't work

mannu21
Contributor
Contributor

Post by mannu21 » 29 Mar 2011

del
Last edited by mannu21 on 07 Jul 2011, edited 1 time in total.
May Sai Bless All !

shilpa
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by shilpa » 30 Mar 2011

Samir Kumar Mohanty wrote:Dear Shilpaji,

With a little knowledge of astrology, one generally gets scared by the name of the planests in 8th House and 8L. My son has 4 planests(Venus, Jupiter, Moon and Ketu) in the 8th House, the Aquarius sign in Rahu ketu Axis. he is presently running the MD of Saturn, the 8L, who is debilated in 10 th House (Aries). Debillation is cancelled due to presence of Sun and mars in the Aries sign along with Saturn.You have done an excellent analysis of the 8th House and its Lord and their significations. I am giving below birth details of my son:

DOB : 23 April 1998
TOB : 11:02 hour
Place: Jatni, Orissa (85E42, 20N10)

I had also put up this detail in one thread on Kalasarpa Yoga. But I have not yet received any reply on it. I hope you will start discussion on it. I am very scared how will he do during the MD of Sat. I shall be gratful, if you could kindly throw some light on following:

(i) Whether Jupiter will shed its natural and functional benefic nature due to its presence in 8H.
(ii) hether presence of Jupiter, Venus and Moon(LL) will reduce the malefience of 8th House.
(iii) what will be effect of debilitation of 8L during his MD period.

With warm regards,
Samir
hello Samir,

--very strong 10th house with Su, Mars in their Digbala house, Mars in it's own house.
Saturn brings discipline and perseverence to what will be a strong career.

--8th Lord Sa is debilitated. Althouhg neechbhang condition does apply....but whether the debilitation is ever fully cancelled is debatable.

And Saturn is combust also

--Weakens the 8th house which is not necessarily a bad thing...a weak 8th house with beneifcs Jupiter, Moon and Venus present in it means....the dusthan significations like health, enemies and hurdles will be minimized and softened.

--However since Sa rules the 7th also marriage will be delayed and hard-work even when it happens.....and should be avoided until the end of Sa Dasa...after the age of 31.
His will be a life where marriage will become secoandary to his career pursuits.
In the growing up years.....he might appear slow/ deligent, hardworking...instead of a blistering, dynamic kid....but leave him like he is.He will blossom at the age of 22.
Saturn will make him work hard and then he will value the success lifelong when it comes.....remember his 10th house is very strong.

-- Ju is as the lord of 6th in the 8th forms a Vipreet Raj Yoga...and will bring him sudden bursts of situational successes in it's dasas and antardasa

--there are tradeoffs when benefics sit in a dusthan but they don't lose their strengths completely.....they soften the dusthan significations.

--and look at the postive side the kid has a great career ahead of him.....Ma, Su in 10th and in reasonably strong amsabala in dasa varga charts.

Regards

anxious2711
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by anxious2711 » 30 Mar 2011

Dear Shilpa ji,

I know you have been having a lot of requests, however, you seem to be the authority regarding eighth house signification. Could please have a look at my wife's chart below.

Virgo lagna with Sun and Rahu in 8th Aries (planetary war)
DOB: 8th May 1985 TOB: 17:35 (summertime - GMT +1) POB: London UK

Many thanks,
Last edited by anxious2711 on 30 Mar 2011, edited 1 time in total.

shilpa
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by shilpa » 30 Mar 2011

anxious2711 wrote:Dear Shilpa ji,

I know you have been having a lot of requests, however, you seem to be the authority regarding eighth house signification. Could please have a look at my wife's chart below.

Virgo lagna with Sun and Rahu in 8th Aries (planetary war)
DOB: 8th May 1985 TOB: 17:35 (summertime - GMT +1) POB: London UK

Many thanks,
I see only an exalted sun in the 8th...rahu is in the 3rd ?
b.t.w I am not an authority in either the 8th house or any aspect of astrology.

regards
Last edited by shilpa on 30 Mar 2011, edited 2 times in total.

chinni

Post by chinni » 30 Mar 2011

Hello Shilpa,

My son has ra ,sun and me in 8th house and sa, ke aspecting 8th house from 2nd house.His birth details are

Can you analyse his 8th house.and tell the negative and positive points .

regards

Chinni.

shilpa
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by shilpa » 31 Mar 2011

chinni wrote:Hello Shilpa,

Can you analyse his 8th house.and tell the negative and positive points .

regards

Chinni.

Dear Chinni,

1)5th Lord Me is also the 8th Lord and exalted in the 8th house of Gemini.

2)but Me is badly combusted and Ra cojuncts the 7th Lord sun in the 8th.

3)I see there is too much of support / help ( and possibly even interference) from parental side including financial.

Independent thinking / decision a making capacity may be slowed / delayed.
with an opinion of himself that is not aligned with a reality ( Ra is in higher degree than Sun).

4)Unless self dependence and emotional intellgence development is promoted....the native may struggle in married and social life beyond.

5) Exchange of 9th Lord ( Ve) with 6th Lord Moon is a non benefic Parivartan Yoga.....hurdles in realizing his true Dharma/ values and higher studies ( also ruled by 9th house).

6) The key here is to let him develop his emotional intelligence and self dependence soonest.

Regards