Mysteries of 8th house

For discussion on planets, houses, signs, nakshatras, etc.
Forum rules
READ Forum-Wide Rules and Guidelines NOTICE: OFFENSIVE POSTS WILL BE DELETED, AND OFFENDERS WILL HAVE ALL POSTS MODERATED.
anxious2711
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Re: Mysteries of 8th house

Post by anxious2711 » 31 Mar 2011

shilpa wrote:
anxious2711 wrote:Dear Shilpa ji,

I know you have been having a lot of requests, however, you seem to be the authority regarding eighth house signification. Could please have a look at my wife's chart below.

Virgo lagna with Sun and Rahu in 8th Aries (planetary war)
DOB: 8th May 1985 TOB: 17:35 (summertime - GMT +1) POB: London UK

Many thanks,
I see only an exalted sun in the 8th...rahu is in the 3rd ?
b.t.w I am not an authority in either the 8th house or any aspect of astrology.

regards
Dear Shilpa ji,

There seems to have been a mistake, Rahu is also in Aries and not in the 3rd house, and Sun is beyond its' exaltation point.

Thank you

chinni

Post by chinni » 31 Mar 2011

Hello Shilpa,

Thank you for analysing my son's 8th house. Yes it's true that he is a bit slow in doing tasks and lacking proactive approach in daily activities.But in studies he is extremely performing well and getting good grades.Now I will try to mould him for independent thinking and act according to the situation to sustain in future life.

regards
Chinni.

AstroStudent

Post by AstroStudent » 31 Mar 2011

Native details....DOB...23rd Aug 1975...TOB..10.20... Latitude 26.45-N, Longitude 83.24-E!!
I request you all to please give your views on this chart especially on 8th house as the Ketu (Ketu in 8th house along with Mangal) antar dash will be startting soon and I can see some of its colors from now itself!!
What will be the effect of Gochar.
Thanks...

AstroStudent

Post by AstroStudent » 01 Apr 2011

Can I request once again for a honest reply to my query please...

vpn

Post by vpn » 06 Apr 2011

Shilpaji,

details are as follows:6th feb, 79, 13.24, rajkot

lagna lord venus placed in 8th house and lording over the 6th house, thus forming a v.r.y.

please shed some info on this.

vpn

anxious2711
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by anxious2711 » 07 Apr 2011

Dear Shilpa ji,

So sorry to bother you, but in my chart I have 4 planets (Budh, Guru, Shukra and Surya) in the 8th house from AL, what does that tell? I also have A7, which I know means a hectic married life and A8 in the 8th from AL.

Thank you,

vpn

Post by vpn » 21 Apr 2011

Hello Shilpaji,

6th feb 79,13.24,rajkot. My lagna lord, lord of the 6th is placed in the 8th house of jupiter, a benefic. Please interpret this.

Thanks and regards
Vpn.

pocean
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by pocean » 24 Apr 2011

DELETED
Last edited by pocean on 22 May 2011, edited 1 time in total.

mannu21
Contributor
Contributor

Post by mannu21 » 25 Apr 2011

del
Last edited by mannu21 on 07 Jul 2011, edited 1 time in total.
May Sai Bless All !

manju_prabhu78

Post by manju_prabhu78 » 26 Apr 2011

Shilpa Ji,

Please help me to understand this horoscope :

Details of Horoscope

Lagna : Virgo
Rasi : Cancer
Nakshatra : ashlesha
DOB : 17/Apr/1978
Birth Time : 5:7 In the evening.
Birth Place : Bangalore

Details regarding planet placement:

Aries : Exalted sun with Venus
Taurus :No planet
Gemini :Jupiter
Cancer :Moon and Mars
Leo :Saturn
Virgo : Rahu
Libra :No planet
Scorpio : No planet
Saggitarius : No planet
Capricorn : No planet
Aquarius : No planet
Pisces : Retrograded Debilated mercury with ketu.

In the 8th House I have exalted sun with venus, Sun is 12H lord and is in 8th. I am currently running Venus Dasa and Ketu antara till Jan 2012. Then I will get in Sun Dasa. Kindly let me know if sun dasa be beneficial or will cause damage.

shilpa
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by shilpa » 26 Apr 2011

Hello I noticed many queries posted to my attention on this thread.
I will try to come back tot these within this week.
regards
1हनुमान2अंजनीसुत3वायुपुत्र4महाबल5रामेष्ट6फाल्गुनसखा7पिंगाक्ष8अमितविक्रम9उदधिक्रमण10सीताशोकविनाशन 11लक्षमणप्राणदाता12दशग्रीवदर्पहा

vellothaditya

Post by vellothaditya » 22 May 2011

I am in a very tricky situation then considering varius marvelous posts made within this topic. my details - 16-12-1983, 13:30,Pune, I have saturn and venus together in Libra which is the eigth house from my lagna-pisces with waxing moon in aries aspecting the eigth house. so what would be the understanding?

mannu21
Contributor
Contributor

Post by mannu21 » 07 Jul 2011

8th house is very interesting and scary house. Its a treasure house, but few get to experiece it.

If circulated horoscope of Amitabh Bachan is to be believed, it has very active 8th house and look at the height he has achieved in his lifetime.

--------------------------------------------
Its a house of unknown for e.g. death, sounds scary but its the ultimate truth of life.

Its a house of in-laws, again a mystery how would it turn out to be.

Its a house of un-earned money (speculation), no one knows how much one can earn this way, and very few make money out of speculation, ultimately.

Its house of research, every good research scholar must have good 8th house.

Its house of occult, again a mystery. I feel, a good astrologer should also have good 8th house, as astrology is no less a mystery, but few know how to interpret it.

Its 2nd to 7th house, tells about money and possession of partner.

Its house of secrets, so most of investigation officers should also have good 8th house.

Its house of sex also, again a secret affair between two.
May Sai Bless All !

vpn

Post by vpn » 07 Jul 2011

hi mannu,

can u please look at my chart?have venus, my lagna lord and lord of the sixth, placed in the eighth.I'd really appreciate if u could delve deeper into this placement and shed some light on my venus placement.

6th feb,79,13.24,rajkot

many thanks.

krishnagopal1968
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by krishnagopal1968 » 07 Jul 2011

Dear VPN,

Venus in 8th but in jupiter’s house is basically good, but the problem lies in your exalted 8th lord Jupiter aspected by mars and sun. As it’s dasa is running, more of 8th house issues like false accusations, scandals may have to be faced. But since Jupiter is in Saturn’s star, and Saturn is a yogakaraka for lagna and aspecting 10th, some good effects in terms of career will be there.

In D10 chart Jupiter is in lagna, so for career it is good but here too as 8th lord gives break in service patterns.

In D9, Jupiter in 6th with Saturn shows issues in marital life or hurdles in getting married.

But Taurus lagna with waxing moon in own star shows you will coolly handle these.

vpn

Post by vpn » 07 Jul 2011

hi krishna,

all that u've said is true,thanks for your input!

i'm wearing a yellow sapphire for some time now and its helped! trying to shift overseas, your take on the same?i'm in my own pharmaceutical business,rather, father's...trying to get into metal scrap...can u help?

vpn

mannu21
Contributor
Contributor

Post by mannu21 » 07 Jul 2011

vpn wrote:hi mannu,

can u please look at my chart?have venus, my lagna lord and lord of the sixth, placed in the eighth.I'd really appreciate if u could delve deeper into this placement and shed some light on my venus placement.

6th feb,79,13.24,rajkot

many thanks.
hi vpn

Overall, venus would give you some sudden gain, but its in NK of Ketu; this can keep you in confusion.

Venus is lagan and 6th lord and placed in 8th house can give you some health issues related to venus.
May Sai Bless All !

Sunjit86
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Sunjit86 » 08 Jul 2011

Hi Mannu,

What happens if the 6th and 11th lord is exalted in the 8th house of Capricorn? I.e Mars exalted in the 8th.

2nd october 1986, 01:00am,SIngapore

ashcan2004
Contributor
Contributor

Post by ashcan2004 » 11 Jul 2011

Shilpaji:

How would you interpret Lord of 8th House ( Virgo :mercury), in seventh (Leo) with Sun and Ma ? Also note seventh house aspect ed by Jupiter from Ist and Saturn from 5th.

Could mercury which is ruler of 5/ 8 for Aquarius lagna trigger divorce due to interference of in-laws (8th house) ? Could it also indicate loss of wealth thru' wife die to greedy in laws?

Other significant planets in chart : Ra in 10th, moon in 11th, venus in 6th.

Sunds
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Sunds » 28 Aug 2011

Hi all,
My lagnadipati Moon is in the eighth house in the marana Karaka sthana....It is aspected my Sun and combust jupiter from the second house.....But I have noticed that my Moon Bhuktis have always done good for me....
DOB.. 6.Sept.1968
time.3.40 AM
place. Chennai
Regards,
Sunder.
Birth Details: 06/Sept./1968, 3.40 AM, Chennai...
I believe it because I hope for it...- Leon Blum.

2002diksha
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by 2002diksha » 28 Aug 2011

sir,
what about eighth house having exalted saturn in it. how will then be eighth house effects then.shani being the karaka for eight house , posited in eighth house is certainly a good thing. how about marriage considerations.
regards

prem999
Contributor
Contributor

Post by prem999 » 16 Nov 2011

Looks like an old thread, but i dont seem to find the impact of Moon in 8th house, Like all yogas - it may have its cancellations as well. wondering if there's a thread that discussed this topic or anything that i missed here. thanks for your time.