Mysteries of 8th house

For discussion on planets, houses, signs, nakshatras, etc.
Forum rules
READ Forum-Wide Rules and Guidelines NOTICE: OFFENSIVE POSTS WILL BE DELETED, AND OFFENDERS WILL HAVE ALL POSTS MODERATED.
Indweller

Re: Mysteries of 8th house

Post by Indweller » 21 Dec 2011

Muhammed Ali (Cassius Clay) had several planets in his 8th house. In "Ancient Hindu Astrology" by James T. Braha its said that it has been noted that the common denominator in all world champion boxers is an enormousely powerful 8th house, because 8th is the house of life, and when well disposed gives such life force that it is difficult for such persons to be overpowered.

Muhammad Ali
01-17-1942
06.35 pm (CST)
38N15 / 85W46

My thought was, can it be that we are having our survival-instinct from 8th, not wanting to lose our control over the sense of being conscious, because this is kind of death. Even Enlightenment is a kind of death, death for the ego to have control.
I find it very interesting what Paul Vaughn is saying in his article. In the 12th house we loose our ego, but the battle between soul and ego takes place in 8th.

Just a thought. Any comment!?

SuryaLagna
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by SuryaLagna » 04 Mar 2012

Last edited by SuryaLagna on 28 Apr 2012, edited 1 time in total.
'Successful people dont have friends, they only have competitors and enemies'

Tiwari

Post by Tiwari » 04 Mar 2012

Interesting posts; but I want to complicate the issue by bringing in navamsa. What if in lagna chart, eighth house is empty, and its lord is in a decent position in fourth with swagrehi Jupiter, but in navamsa the lord of eighth is in conflict with the lord of eighth of lagna chart in eleventh house, which was exalted in second house in lagna? Further, unlike lagna chart, the eighth house is occupied by two planets. If people care to analyse, these are the details: 29th Sep, 1984. Varanasi, 06:12AM.

lilly2005
Contributor
Contributor

Post by lilly2005 » 22 Apr 2012

No doubt 8th house is secretive and mysterious, along with the sign Scorpio! I guess because it rules mysteries of life and death, both unknown to us. And all of us have fears of the unknown. I have heard very few people get to experience the true bliss of 8th house.

Lilly

revribhav
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by revribhav » 15 Dec 2012

Lord of ascendent,wherever placed, is usually a karaka
though 8th moon may indicate a difficult childhood

revribhav
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by revribhav » 06 Aug 2018

8th is the house of occult, anyone having strong influence on 8th

house is capable of being a practitioner of those forces that are

not visible to us with naked eye or senses.

Yes, 8th house may be dangerous for those who have little

knowledge or have narrow minded perception of things; my employer

dismissed me as a public servant during the sub period of 8th

house lord saturn.

I faced an almost fatal accident during the age of 36th year;

saturn in the 8th may have triggered the event.

A planet is 8th house certainly causes dangers, however it is upto

the native’s attitude to feel like a victim or a survivor.

Yes, 8th is connected to death or destruction and sometimes death

or experience of death like situation itself is motivation for

salvation or moksha.

joyd
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by joyd » 06 Aug 2018

Ind-/Muhammed Ali (Cassius Clay) had several planets in his 8th house..?-wrong info,pl check it again and tell me..

joyd.

Tinker
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Tinker » 06 Aug 2018

I'm a libra Lagna and I'm running 8th Lord Venus antardasha right now. It's been a very transformative experience for me. I'm learning astrology, psychology of relationships and about the hidden forces that cannot be sensed that work behind the manifest reality. I feel more liberated and more secure after having learnt all this.

shaktichalini

Post by shaktichalini » 07 Aug 2018

Hi
The eight house in the zodiac is ruled by Mars and the sign positioned there is scorpio. Eight house and scorpio are mystic signs. From eight we see about nature and place of death,past life or future life,elder sisters son,unexpected gains,losses,spiritual pursuits,hidden things etc.

It is the main part of the moksha trikona(4,8,12) and hence have spiritual and occult significance.
From spiritual point of view it is the eighth limb of ashtang yoga. Here we do the samadhi vichar of the native. The placement of natural malefic planet is conducive in providing samadhi dasha. It may be nirvikalpa or savikalpa depending on the planet positioned there. Its not that anybody having malefic planet in 8th will result in spiritual significance,it all depend on the lagna and the planetary positions of planets.The nature is trigunatmak and so are the planets and their sign. The same planet may behave as satvik,rajasik or tamsik and push the native to materialistic pursuit and for some to spiritual pursuits.

The first house and the eight house both are ruled by mars. These sign have destructive qualities and at the same time we see mars was born in poorva phalguni nakshatra and this nakshatra symbolises enjoyment and pleasure. This nakshatra is a symbol of creation and procreation and ruled by bhaga and deity shivalinga. Also it symbolises ascetism... a state of desirelessness. So we see both qualities of mars creation and destruction. Desire of world and desirelessness from world. Aries which is the lagna in the zodiac symolises head and the 8th is the guhya sthan,the sexual organs. The 1st is sankalpa and 8th is the chetana. Mars is the link between the both....arousing the chitti shakti(kundalini) from the guhya sthan and making her one(saamrasya) with the divya sankalpa shakti of shiva in the head. He is the senanayak,the commander,the energy and power in the world. This energy when diverted to spiritual action takes the form of hathyoga viz. asan,pranayam,mudra,bandha etc. and when diverted away from atma tattva then it takes the form of destructive mindset...both for himself and the world. In vedas he is the Divine Agnis and in purana he is Skanda,Kartikeya. The agni purifies the thing with which it comes in contact with and this agni symbolises atma prakash. And the eight house makes the native get ready for the ultimate death and grants the native with the divine knowledge symbolised by 12th house(5th from 8th) or else throws the native again in the 1st house(6th from 8th) of birth and rebirth.

In short The eighth house purifies and illumines the being and make the Atma......Dharmatma of the 9th house.

Take care

Khoo Hock Leong
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Khoo Hock Leong » 08 Aug 2018

This is from Wing Commander Santosh Sharmaa's astrology book Jyotish (Vedic Astrology) His method of doing Vedic Astrology is far out, amending sometimes (very few) scripture dicta when results of personal predictions do not match scriptures' foretelling.

Rahu - person would be a good writer
Ketu - chances of gaining sudden wealth
Mars - Danger from fire and water. Heart and liver trouble.
Moon - Liver and lungs problems. Danger from water.
Venus - Religious, gets good success in administrative jobs, is liked by seniors in service. Old age is peaceful.
Jupiter - Yogi, punctual, traveller.
Sun - Restlesd, angry, stays away from home. Not lucky.
Mercury - Truthful.
Saturn - Childhood mired in poverty. Works hard and makes his life successful. Does very well as an employee but incurs loss in business. Old age is peaceful and honourable.

The author uses placement and aspects for the above. But I find dispositorship by Nakshatra or Sign works too, including the concepts of retrogading and exchange of sigs,

Notice although 8th is a first class dusthana, only certain planets give problems, like the Sun and Moon, and here we are always saying it is not so bad for them, because Mars, the natural ruler of the 8th, is a friend to both. Mars also does very badly in the 8th.

Rgds
Mac Khoo Hock Leong

ADC
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by ADC » 08 Aug 2018

Mr Pranab Mukherjee has Saturn in 8H, Mbappe has Saturn in 8H, Chandrashekar[ Former P.M] had Saturn in 8H, Mr Subhas Chandra Bose had Saturn in 8H. All these people quite different in terms of '' personality''. Its not the one planet , its the overall combination of planets which actually determines the personality.

Khoo Hock Leong
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Khoo Hock Leong » 08 Aug 2018

Actually rulership of houses also work, especially those planets found in the Ascendant. Rahu rules 8th in my chart, and being on the Ascendant, makes me a good writer.

Crystalpages
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Crystalpages » 08 Aug 2018

I must say: THIS is one wonderful THREAD...!
Rohiniranjan

ADC
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by ADC » 08 Aug 2018

Its not only the Rahu in 8H . It may be due to the well placed 3L and Mercury.

Crystalpages
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Crystalpages » 10 Aug 2018

Khoo Hock Leong wrote:
08 Aug 2018
Actually rulership of houses also work, especially those planets found in the Ascendant. Rahu rules 8th in my chart, and being on the Ascendant, makes me a good writer.
Would someone in whose chart rahu would be placed in the 3rd house (communication) with exalted lagnesh end up being a writer (pretty much effortlessly or out of personal desire, ambition or serious efforts)?

In rather different and diverse fields of writing?? Regardless of the fact that some readers do not *get-it* what got written while others appreciate the expressed and freely-shared words? Whether spoken, written/published, or in the vapour-ware medium of Cyber-realm?
Rohiniranjan

joyd
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by joyd » 10 Aug 2018

KHL-Quoted from santosh sharma/Rahu - person would be a good writer..dear KHL ,he is not mentioned that rahu in lagna ones makes a good writer and that is simple justification of yours. Rahu in 5th makes as a good crime-suspense writer and also a good forensic expert.Now a days,he may shine as a crime reporter in media too. Rahu in 5th gives good cinematographic skills.In your case Rahu in lagna gives a habit of consuming some kind of food very oftenly. It means, you always give some mastication work to your teeth frequently.

joyd.

joyd
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by joyd » 10 Aug 2018

ADC-wrtote,/ Its not only the Rahu in 8H . It may be due to the well placed 3L and Mercury.

Mercury makes one as chatter box and he will show his parakram in jis verbal communication and write-ups and not in his physical actions and mental thoughts.

joyd.

joyd
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by joyd » 11 Aug 2018

KHL wrote-Notice although 8th is a first class dusthana, only certain planets give problems, like the Sun and Moon, and here we are always saying it is not so bad for them, because Mars, the natural ruler of the 8th, is a friend to both. Mars also does very badly in the 8th.

KHL-it is your wrong observation and understanding about the 8th house as first rated dusthana..6th is 1st rated ,8th is 2nd and 12th is not at all a dusthana. No planet in 8th never gives a negitive problem including mars.Mars in 8th gives leadership qualities.Mars with 8th lordship sits in 8th means,he enhances the longevity of the native without any 2nd doubt.so what I am saying is, bookish knowledge,that too from some modern astro writers quotes are always misguiding and misleading the astro student.

joyd.

Khoo Hock Leong
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Khoo Hock Leong » 11 Aug 2018

Jyod

My posts never shows that I depend 100% on books, and that include scriptures. But I do scan through books by astrologers currently in the field and I do come across startling results.

The author has separate sections on combination of planets which include aspects and conjunctions, but here I am quoting the part where he is touching on PLACEMENT OF SINGLE PLANETS ALONE WITHOUT ANY OTHER FACTORS.

In my humble opinion, Mars in 10th shows a better leadership quality ALL ROUND rather than the 8th. An 8th Mars shows a person who is able to bring some project to great heights but in the fields of espionage and defusion of crisis like for a President having a great influence in geopolitics across the globe.

Although all planets do give negative results when placed in the 8th, the author is trying to single out those planets which consistently give bad results just by being placed there ALONE AND UNASPECTED.

Rahu in 3rd has powerful mental thoughts. Mars in 3rd can give good physical actions. Saturn in 3rd gives disciplined effort. Mercury in 3rd gives logical thinking which is a prelude to action depending on how Mars and Saturn is in the chart. So it is A LINK TO ACTION.

My Rahu is in the 1st. But it is disposited by Saturn via Nakshatra and Saturn is retrogading towards the 6th and then exchanges with Jupiter, going towards the 8th. So via dispositorship, the concept of retrogading and the theory of exchange, Rahu does gain a foit hold in the 8th house. I have already mentioned that the author in his book only subscribe to placements and aspects (mabye he wants a book that is suitable for all gamut of audiences including the beginners so he does not want to complicate things), but dispositorships are nextt in strength for gaining a toehold effect in a house, after placements and aspects, in that order.

Khoo Hock Leong
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

12th is a dusthana because it stands for a loss to Lagna which means one cannot have much control over our fate and fortune when planets are placed there.

revribhav
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by revribhav » 11 Aug 2018

Indeed, during last decade I find that 8th saturn makes my life more meaningful than any other planet

joyd
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by joyd » 11 Aug 2018

khl wrote-"12th is a dusthana because it stands for a loss to Lagna which means one cannot have much control over our fate and fortune when planets are placed there."

sorry to say that your understanding on 12th house in not correct one.12th rules agami karmas and the result of such karmas stored like in the form dorment seeds.so native is preparing his next cycle of birth from the 12th.It is not loss of lagna but a gain.THis is why Fagans & Yavana Schools of astrology Described The 12th House As POWER HOUSE.

Any planet in 12th gives much strength to the entire horoscope.your views and opinions on 6-8-12 houses seems to be just superficial..

joyd.

Khoo Hock Leong
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

It is a gain for the next rebirth lagna but a loss for the current lagna. The power of the current lagna cannot be exercised much if there are many planets in the 12th.

In fact the current lagna cabbot fuuly exercise the current karma meant for this lifetime, the leftove karma too would be pass to the next life. This is especially the case when there are planets posited in the 1st bhava in the last twelfth portion of the 1st bhava. This planet would give a clue to the caste which the native would born in the next life.

joyd
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by joyd » 12 Aug 2018

KHL-Wrote-"My Rahu is in the 1st. But it is disposited by Saturn via Nakshatra and Saturn is retrogading towards the 6th and then exchanges with Jupiter, going towards the 8th. So via dispositorship, the concept of retrogading and the theory of exchange, Rahu does gain a foit hold in the 8th house..

Here waht you get is-totally different from what you thought. jupiter as 6th lord placed in 8th.so jupiter gives a disease free life first.As a rule if 6th lord in 8th should reduce the longivity part of native but here in your chart case,such 6th lord placed in 3rd[upchay house] from his own 6th house.so jupiter very surely reduces longivity part but also gives a disease free and anayasa or sunayasa death .saturn in retro gives religious enimity in your chart. Rahus house dispositor moon is weak due to ketu's association and also due to his placement at 262 degrees apart from the sun.so when dispositor is weak your rahu too is weak. saturn-ketu-moon gives deep penetrating thoughts but at their climatric level,ketu scatters them as wind scatters the smoke[ketu is smoke,saturn is wind..Finally what you see and presenting is a bit confusious to others and also to you..saturn in moons and jupiter is rahu asterims will tell alot about your thought patterns but at present i feel it is an unnecessary topic and also not related topic too in this thread..

joyd.

zayanth

Post by zayanth » 20 Oct 2018

I have VRY on 8th (libra) lord as it is placed on 6th (leo)accompanied by ketu as very close in same nakshatra(p.pha). And my 8th lord is venus who is supposed to start his dasa by 2024 end.. can any thing be said how the period be.. 14th october 1988,male 17.05, madurai india.