9th and 10th Lords-critical to success& wealth from Career

For discussion on planets, houses, signs, nakshatras, etc.
Forum rules
READ Forum-Wide Rules and Guidelines NOTICE: OFFENSIVE POSTS WILL BE DELETED, AND OFFENDERS WILL HAVE ALL POSTS MODERATED.
shilpa
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

9th and 10th Lords-critical to success& wealth from Career

Post by shilpa » 28 Mar 2011

The Graha-Bhavphal-Khand Of Uttara Kalamrit suggests examining the following 3 pairs of 9th and 10th Lords should be examined when assessing the wealth and success coming from an individual's career.

There are three pairs of planets:
(i) Lord of the ninthand tenth houses from lagna:
(ii) Lord of the ninth and the tenth from the ninth house;
and (iii) lords of these houses from the tenth.

These three respectively give high medium or small position to the native.
These three pairs can have three kinds of relationship
between them: (a) conjunction, (b) interchange, and
(c) mutual aspect.

The first case in all scenarios a, b and c is rather well established and otherwise known as Dharm-Karma adhipati Yoga.

The other two w.r.t the 9th and 10th house is a rather diffrent way of looking at the career related wealth and success.
And althouhg these are referred as medium and small successes/ positions...they are sucessfull neverthless, emaphasizing the relevance of 9th and 10th houses in career matters.

regards

1हनुमान2अंजनीसुत3वायुपुत्र4महाबल5रामेष्ट6फाल्गुनसखा7पिंगाक्ष8अमितविक्रम9उदधिक्रमण10सीताशोकविनाशन 11लक्षमणप्राणदाता12दशग्रीवदर्पहा

shilpa
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Re: 9th and 10th Lords-critical to success& wealth from Care

Post by shilpa » 28 Mar 2011

In My Opinion if those two houses and their lords are strong+ a strong 11th house.......the career / livelihood part is taken care of at-least
1हनुमान2अंजनीसुत3वायुपुत्र4महाबल5रामेष्ट6फाल्गुनसखा7पिंगाक्ष8अमितविक्रम9उदधिक्रमण10सीताशोकविनाशन 11लक्षमणप्राणदाता12दशग्रीवदर्पहा

shilpa
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by shilpa » 29 Mar 2011

Einstien, Mahatma Gandhi, Bal G. Tilak and Akbar the great's charts are all examples of the excellent placements of the 9th / 10th Lords ( from lagna) as one of the main reasons for their astounding success

vidhyanine
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by vidhyanine » 29 Mar 2011

Dear Shilpa,

Thanks for putting up this thread. However, I have a question.
and (iii) lords of these houses from the tenth
I did not understand what you meant by the (iii).

What if there is no mutual aspect, conjunction or exchange between these two lords. What can we conclude from that?

Thanks,

Vidhya
Smile

shilpa
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

vidhyanine wrote:Dear Shilpa,

Thanks for putting up this thread. However, I have a question.
and (iii) lords of these houses from the tenth
I did not understand what you meant by the (iii).

What if there is no mutual aspect, conjunction or exchange between these two lords. What can we conclude from that?

Thanks,

Vidhya
what he is trying to say here is to look at the placement of lords of 9th and the 10th house from the 10th.
i.e assume as if the 10th house was the ascendant and count the 9th and 10th house from it.
check the lords of these houses to see if they are in conjunction, exchnage or mutual kendra (aspect).
If yes....then the case is satisfied for small success.

regards

spidey
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by spidey » 29 Mar 2011

Dear Shilpa ji,
I have this Dharma-karmadhipati Yoga in my chart - 9th lord Moon in 10th house - Leo , being aspected by Sun in Aquarius in 4th house.
I am running my Moon dasha now...let's wait and see when this materializes.

Thanks and regards,
Spidey
I am a student of this subject , and hence I might be wrong in my calculations. Kindly seek other opinions too , before coming to a conclusion.

shilpa
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

spidey wrote:Dear Shilpa ji,
I have this Dharma-karmadhipati Yoga in my chart - 9th lord Moon in 10th house - Leo , being aspected by Sun in Aquarius in 4th house.
I am running my Moon dasha now...let's wait and see when this materializes.

Thanks and regards,
Spidey

you do have a dharm-karm adhipati Yoga indeed...but not too strong....because os the paryicopating planets Su is placed in a bitter enemy signs and both Moon and Sun are ratehr low in their amsabala in the das-varga charts.
Neverthless it will still support your career progress to some extent.

regards

Dinesh.Srivastava
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Dinesh.Srivastava » 29 Mar 2011

DELETED
Last edited by Dinesh.Srivastava on 06 May 2011, edited 1 time in total.
LIVE - INTENSELY ..... ..... LOVE - IMMENSELY

shilpa
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Dinesh.Srivastava wrote:Hi Shilpa ,

A very fresh topic indeed . Liked your take on studying the 9th and 10th house from 9th and 10th house 9th and 10th respectively .

Could you please analyze the following chart:

D.O.B : 22-11-77
T.O.B : 09:25 Am
Place of Birth : Bareilly {U.P}
Ascendant : Saggitarius

This chart has Dharma-Karmadhipati yoga in D-1 , and Parivartan Rajyoga in D-10

Whats your opinion about the wealth and career of the native , when is he likely to reach the height of his career???

This is one of my fav charts ... I know the native personally

Regards
--- Dinesh

PS: your world cup prediction about india reaching Semi-final has proven to be true ..... CONGRATS :)
I hope mine goes wrong

Dear Dinesh,

From Lagna:
--L9 is Sun in the neutral sign of scorpio but in the 12th. Sa is sitting in the enemy house of sun in the 9th house.

--L10 is Me sitting in enemy sign of Scorpio in the 12th house

enemy planet in 9th and 10th lord in an enemy sign...and both 9L and 10L placed in dusthan make the Dharm-Karam adhipati Yoga ( DKAY) rather weak.....and even at the dasa-varga level the amasabala of Me and Sun is rather poor.

--This will limit the fructification of the DKAY....anyway it is better to have this yoga even if limited...then to not have it at all.

--He will earn well as the Laabh Bhaav Lord( Ve) is in its own house in 11th...and in amazingly high Paarvatamsa. Money and comfortable is in plenty but rise in position may be limited beyond a point.

--Is this guys working overseas?...or does he travel abroad quite frequently?

From the 9th house:

--L9 is Ma ( debiliated in D1) but in high amsabala of 5 in dasa vaga charts
--L10 is Venus ( in it's own house) and a high amsabala as discussed earlier
--Not really mutually aspecting each otherbut in Mutual Kendra from each other...they do form the L9-L10 Yoga. It's not as strong as it would be due to conjunction or paraivartana...althouhg the participating planets are strong in amsabala
--so I would call it medium strong.....and anyway this Yoga gives medium positon in career.

So all in all...wealth and comfortable living in plenty.....but rise in position limited.

Regards

vidhyanine
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Hi Dinesh & Shilpa,

Can you help me decipher my chart from the 9th and 10th houses respectively.

My information is
12/19/1983
2:15 AM
Navsari, (Gujarat)

I can try to analyze my own chart.

L9 ruler placed in 2nd house in own sign (Venus) with exalted Saturn
L10 ruler placed in 4th house aspecting the 10th house with 12th lord (Sun) therefore creating conflicts in work front with frequent ups and downs in careers, and domestic happiness is a bit afflicted

From the 9th house,
9th house is Capricorn, the ruler is exalted in the 6th house
10th house is Aquarius, the ruler is exalted in the 6th house..

what does this mean?

I wanted to know if I have a Dharma Karmaadhipatya (misspelled) in my chart?

Vidhya
Smile

shilpa
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Hello Vidya,

from Lagna:

L9 = Venus
L10= Mercury
they are neither in conjunctions, aspect nor parivartana...nor in mutual Kendra

Fron 9th house;

L9=Sa
L10= Sa

they are in conjunction

and Sa is placed in a friendly house of Venus...and is resonably strong in higher charts.

So you don't have DKAY but you do qualify for rise to a medium positon per the rules of Uttara Kalamrita.

The Saturn Mahadasa should especially see you progress a lot

Regard

vidhyanine
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Dear Shilpa,

Let me ask you this then, how does one attain high status or an executive status.
I think the 9th house sort of keeps people in check due to their "dharma" part of that yoga.

Like, take myself for an example, I want to be successful in this lifetime (i.e., high position, wealthy, fame, etc.,) but, I also like to know the spiritual side of life (which is more 9th house) so I sort of know that this life is not everything, there is more to life than materialism.

Does it make sense?

It sounds weird but I love Astrology, Ayurved, and firmly believe in God.

Vidhya
Smile

rajath25
Contributor
Contributor

Post by rajath25 » 29 Mar 2011

Respected Shilpa ji,

Do you see me rising to executive position ? Or atleast good stable career possible for me in this life at all ? Every time a project comes to an end I get so frustrated about my career and makes me so anxious.

In my chart 11th lord and 9th lord conjunct in 7th house but there is no support from the 10th lord JU which is in 8th house.

Birth details:

May 25th 1982, Hospet in Karnataka (Coordinates longitude 76 20 and latitude 15 16), India- 2.35 AM

Regards
Rajath

sunny29031
Contributor
Contributor

Post by sunny29031 » 29 Mar 2011

hi

i guess i have a combo mentioned above ...bt not sure as the nodes are participating in here ...

29th march1991 ( yes , just entered my 20's :D)
11-10 am
Hyderabad

please do check this chart and thro light on my career and the branch of engineering i 'lll excel in ...

thanx

shilpa
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

vidhyanine wrote:Dear Shilpa,

Let me ask you this then, how does one attain high status or an executive status.
I think the 9th house sort of keeps people in check due to their "dharma" part of that yoga.

Like, take myself for an example, I want to be successful in this lifetime (i.e., high position, wealthy, fame, etc.,) but, I also like to know the spiritual side of life (which is more 9th house) so I sort of know that this life is not everything, there is more to life than materialism.

Does it make sense?

It sounds weird but I love Astrology, Ayurved, and firmly believe in God.

Vidhya

the 9th and 10th houses if strong and in association through ways as described in the article will give allround success and rise in career.

However a subset of sucess...... is power, position, status, control, leadership...is a key driver in men ( more than in women)...the desire to simply rule over the lives of others

Sun and 10th house are significators......towards the fullfillment of the above human desires
SUN should be strong and well placed in a chart...strong in Shadbala, strong in amsabala and defnitely associated with the 10th house in D1 and/ or D10 charts.
10th house should be strong ( and it gets strong with the placement or Lordship by Sun, followed by Mars).
Mars acst like the king sun and it's asocation with 10th house also gives rise and power.....but offcourse not to the same extent as king himself. many a sports leaders will show you strong Mars and 10th house connections.

Also important for such powe and postion is the ability to control subordinates....with a degree of ruthlessness.
and this comes from the 6th house. After the 10th you need a strong 6th house.....to conquer enemies and control the subordinates/ servants/ employees and generally the associatoon of a strong / ruthless malefic like Saturn, Mars or Rahu is required with the 6th house.

Leaders like Indra Gandhi, KPS Gill known for ruthless conquest of enemies will show you a very high amsabala of Saturn , Mars or Rahu.

This is a fascinating area of study....what makes certain human being rise and gain control over the lives of many others !

regards

shilpa
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

rajath25 wrote:Respected Shilpa ji,

Do you see me rising to executive position ? Or atleast good stable career possible for me in this life at all ? Every time a project comes to an end I get so frustrated about my career and makes me so anxious.

In my chart 11th lord and 9th lord conjunct in 7th house but there is no support from the 10th lord JU which is in 8th house.

Birth details:

May 25th 1982, Hospet in Karnataka (Coordinates longitude 76 20 and latitude 15 16), India- 2.35 AM

Regards
Rajath
Dear Rajath,
you chart does fullfilll the conditions:

from 10th house:

9L is Su
10L is Me ....and 9th/ 10t are conjunct

So the Yoga is there theortically to rise to a small postion (which to me means like a department head/ team leader, general manager etc)
However the participating planet Me is combust to some extent in D1 and has a zero amsabala in 10 varga charts...making the fructification very limited. However it is better than not having it.

generally speaking you should not be too worried. The problematic phases are behind you.
You are running Ju-Ve since end 2009 and will last till Jul 2012.

Ju is your ascendant lord and Ve is conjunct with ascendant and exalted.
The Lord ship of 8th and innimical relations between Venus and Jupiter makes you worried/ stressed but you should not be....you are on solid grounds.
You may even get married in this period Nov-09 to Jul-12

regards

saturn calling
Contributor
Contributor

Post by saturn calling » 30 Mar 2011

Dear shilpaji,
i too have dharmakarmadipati yoga in my chart. but never had a prominent career till now.i am looking for new career start.Can u give a look at my chart and advise me on that.
Dob 1 november 1980
1.45pm
ahmadnagar,mh
sometimes not getting what you want is a wonderful stroke of luck

sunny29031
Contributor
Contributor

Post by sunny29031 » 30 Mar 2011

Hi

Shilpa ji .....

in the above post .. regarding the importance of SUN ..... in the yoga ... pls go through my chart ...as ... sun also in decent position ....

29-3-1991
11-10 am
Hyderabad
India

thanks

shilpa
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by shilpa » 30 Mar 2011

sunny29031 wrote:Hi

Shilpa ji .....

in the above post .. regarding the importance of SUN ..... in the yoga ... pls go through my chart ...as ... sun also in decent position ....

29-3-1991
11-10 am
Hyderabad
India

thanks

if india wins I will :D

sunny29031
Contributor
Contributor

@ shilpa ji guess i am destined to have my chart read by u ... and the outcome india won ..... :D

sunny29031
Contributor
Contributor

@ shilpa ji guess i am destined to have my chart read by u ... and the outcome india won ..... :D

shilpa
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

sunny29031 wrote:@ shilpa ji guess i am destined to have my chart read by u ... and the outcome india won ..... :D

Dear sunny

from lagna:

L9 = Sa in it's own house in the 8th
L10= Ju exalted in the 2nd house

Ju and Saturn are in mutual kendra aspecting each other

it is indeed a DKAY...and a reasonably strong one as both planest involved are in exaltation and own house.....and Ju is exalted in your Dhan Bhaav....indicating you will earn wealth throuhg your profession.

Sun is in the 10th...it's digbala house....will take you to the top of your profession in a leadership role.

The Jupiter Mahadasa is when you will peak in your career and hit all the highs....still some time away though.

Good chart overall.

indeed it was your destiny to get the chart read that gave india the win :D

regards

sunny29031
Contributor
Contributor

thanx shilpa ji ......

please answer the following

1)sun is even aspected by both saturn and jupiter ..... will this hav any effect on the said yoga ...as saturn's enemy is SUN

2) how is rahu dasa going to be ...as its aspected by saturn and jupiter ...and even by the Kuja ..( a higher degree malefic in my chart ...as its owner of 6th and 11th )
3) any chances of abroad education ... in 2012 .... currently in 3rd year mechanical ... will graduate in may 2012 .
thank you

shilpa
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

sunny29031 wrote:thanx shilpa ji ......

please answer the following

1)sun is even aspected by both saturn and jupiter ..... will this hav any effect on the said yoga ...as saturn's enemy is SUN

2) how is rahu dasa going to be ...as its aspected by saturn and jupiter ...and even by the Kuja ..( a higher degree malefic in my chart ...as its owner of 6th and 11th )
3) any chances of abroad education ... in 2012 .... currently in 3rd year mechanical ... will graduate in may 2012 .
thank you

Hello sunny,

--the dictums in our astrology classics ( such as malefics, enemies, marakas etc)...sound larger than life and too much doomsday like.
I think some of the context of what was said 1000s of years back is not captured in the literal translations and some of it is lost in vastly changed socio-cultural environment 1000s of years later. They should not be take literally IMO.

--Saturn's drishti is quite strong from it's own house......if channelized properly this will excercie a good reigns on an other wise proud , galloping king surya.....conjunction or strong aspects of shani with surya brings discipline, humility and responsibility to leadership.

--Ra is strongly placed in the house of shani conjunct with shani, at a lesser longitude than Shani.....and acting under like shani but under the influence of shani. Makes a strong 8th house and aspects the 12th, 2nd and 4th. At the same time he is uneasy in the nakshatra of ravi.

Rahu Dasa does hold the possibility abroad under sponsorship from someone ( father/ bank /university) for studies, earning & living overseas also....and at the same time health issues possibly.

regards

shilpa
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by shilpa » 31 Mar 2011

saturn calling wrote:Dear shilpaji,
i too have dharmakarmadipati yoga in my chart. but never had a prominent career till now.i am looking for new career start.Can u give a look at my chart and advise me on that.
Dob 1 november 1980
1.45pm
ahmadnagar,mh

Dear Saturn Calling,

--9L Me is in the 10th...but combust
--10L Ve is in the 9th...but debilitated and with enemy Jupiter

So you can see that your 9th and 10th Lords are devoid of energies, hence the fructification of the Yoga will be rather limited.

--Sun in your 10th may eventually see you rise and shine in your career / profession

--actually you may do much better and amass wealth in the field of Real Estate, landed properties business......as Mars sits in it's own house in the 11th but also rules the 4th house.....and has an extremely high amsabala in das-varga charts.

regard