Ashtakvarga Sav and Bav

For discussion on the transits (gochara), ashtakavarga system etc.
Forum rules
READ Forum-Wide Rules and Guidelines NOTICE: OFFENSIVE POSTS WILL BE DELETED, AND OFFENDERS WILL HAVE ALL POSTS MODERATED.
SoulLight
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Ashtakvarga Sav and Bav

Post by SoulLight » Sat Feb 13, 2016 2:31 pm

Thank you Krishna Ji ! Now its clear to me the difference between BAV and PAV. Thanks again!

rudra28
Contributor
Contributor

Post by rudra28 » Fri Dec 16, 2016 5:39 am

kRISHNA :

Can you give me input on Kakshyas, i understand that 1 house - 8 division -3.75 each,
But if a person want to come down to precise prediction up to hrs, can he use this kakshyas in ashtakvarga system,
Do let me know,
If someone can input any answer they are welcome

Krishna
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Krishna » Sat Dec 17, 2016 2:10 am

Hi rudra28,

Look at it this way:

Saturn takes around 2.5 years or 30 months to transit one sign. This means on an average Saturn transits one Kakshya in 3.75months. Similarly, Jupiter takes around 12 months per sign or 1.5 months to transit per kakshya on an average.

Faster moving planets take lesser time to transit through a kakshya. For example, Sun takes 30 days per sign or 3.75days per kakshya. So, with Sun, Venus and Mercury's transit, you could make predictions upto few days.

Fastest is Moon which takes approx 2.5days or 60 hrs to transit a sign. This comes to 7.5hrs per kakshya.

Personally, I would stop at Saturn and Jupiter and not go to look at faster planets' transits. This is because, over a period of couple of months, we can predict trends and possibilities. When we narrow down to few hours, we are trying to narrow down to specific events which is very difficult. (Like, a general trend is that a person may be unwell during the next two months. A specific event is that a person may come down with a bad migraine headache in the next 1 hour.)

---

Krishna

rudra28
Contributor
Contributor

Post by rudra28 » Sun Dec 18, 2016 9:57 pm

Krishna,

what you explain i am totally inline, with you,
i actually wanted to narrow it down to several hours like say 2hrs span,
do u have any idea why the kashyas have 0 & 1 points why their isn't 0.1,0.2 points/so,

Thanks,
Rudra.

Krishna
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Krishna » Tue Dec 20, 2016 8:04 pm

do u have any idea why the kashyas have 0 & 1 points why their isn't 0.1,0.2 points/so,
Ashtakavarga system has basic definitions called bindu and rekha - they mean auspicious and inauspicious positions. An auspicious position is marked as '1' and an inauspicious position is marked as '0'.

Auspiciousness in terms of fractions (for example 6/8 or 0.75 or 75% auspicious) can be derived at sign level and not at kakshya level. For example, if a sign has 6 auspicious points out of a total possible 8 points, it is 75% auspicious.

I personally don't know why there aren't fractions (of auspiciousness) at kakshya level. All I can say is that it wasn't defined that way by the rishi (Parashara Maharshi).

----
Krishna