Marriage muhurat

For discussion on any other astrology topics like birth rectification, prashna, muhurta, mundane astrology, etc.
Forum rules
READ Forum-Wide Rules and Guidelines NOTICE: OFFENSIVE POSTS WILL BE DELETED, AND OFFENDERS WILL HAVE ALL POSTS MODERATED.
psha85
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Marriage muhurat

Post by psha85 » Thu Jun 16, 2016 1:34 pm

Namaskar,

I have a doubt on how to find an auspicious time for marriage. I had got auspicious dates from an astrologer but he did not provide times. While I was trying to calculate a good time according to a few online sources, I got confused about which things to disregard and which things are really important. The date is April 24th (location is San Diego, California) and I saw that the tithi is trayodashi until 11:34am, however if I keep the muhurat at 11am, Saturn is in the 7th house of the muhurat chart. Is this ok or should I find an alternate time? If I keep it for 1pm, the tithi is now chaturdashi which I read is not good, and the karana is vishti, but the 7th house is unoccupied and it's in abhijeet muhurat.

I'm very confused as to which of these timings would be better as I'm not sure what factors are more important than others. If anyone could please provide guidance on this it would be much appreciated.

Thanks & Regards,

Pooja