Astrological Detective

For discussion on aspects, retrograde, combustion, planetary war, vargottama, kuja dosha, alternate lagnas etc.
Forum rules
READ Forum-Wide Rules and Guidelines NOTICE: OFFENSIVE POSTS WILL BE DELETED, AND OFFENDERS WILL HAVE ALL POSTS MODERATED.
paro.xiss

Re: Astrological Detective

Post by paro.xiss » 19 Jul 2012

:-)
I really don't know how they do it with such limited resources, but probably they are resting on a wealth of thousands or maybe lakhs of actual case studies carefully built up over generations & all they deal with is basically just the D-1 & Vimsottari MDs/ADs[in absence of exact Birth Details].
I think 90% of astrology is about identifying patterns. Like say if we have 100 charts with say screwed marital life or 100 charts of self-made men who made it to top from scratch or 100 charts of people with heart complications or cardio-vascular diseases, it helps to formulate a theory. Agreed 5-6 out of these might be due to Higher Concepts like MB, Gk/Md, PW, Gandanta, etc, but in most cases just the knowledge of D-1, VD, Planets, Nakshatras, Grahas, Bhavas would suffice.
I think only way for a serious student of astrology to emulate them is to carefully & diligently build up a personal database of actual case studies in due course of time. This is an ideal forum to do that, but unfortunately sometimes wrong feedbacks, no feedbacks & fictitious profiles tend to throw us off the road. Another handicap is that it being an online forum, we cannot gauge the appearances & other physical/mental traits of the native, which could have helped to know the attributes/features of natives born in different rashis/nakshatras etc. Guess we will have to do with whatever limited options we have at our disposal.

Thanks & Regards.

2002diksha
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by 2002diksha » 19 Jul 2012

paro ji
i completely agree with. predicting has got a lot to do with seeing patterns in various charts. somehow a patterns emerges after looking into the charts with similar problems and defects and that can be used to further validate about the said topic. i also agree with you that this is the right forum to dos such a study at the mass scale level. i least i shall completely help if someone ventures into it.such a study will benefit all of us and can lead into doing correct forecast.
regards

basab14
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by basab14 » 19 Jul 2012

Paro,

This is something interesting I can't help but sharing. I read your discussion with Humannature today, and a little while back I was thinking of writing to you what I feel about it, and just now I came online to write it and saw that you have written all that I wanted to write! I was thinking of telling you, try to strengthen your basics as that's the most important thing. I wanted to tell you to just get a good understanding of the planets, and the houses, and you will be a better predictor than you will be by learning about the various yogas, and about how to use the divisional charts, and how to use the different dasha systems, and ashtakavarga, shadbala etc. I was about to suggest you a couple of books too, by B.V. Raman: "How to Judge a Horoscope" Vol 1 and 2, where the author has shown how the basics of astrology is enough to make accurate predictions, but then, I came here, and I saw your post and was amazed to see you wrote the same thing that I wanted to write to you. I don't know what to call it. It completely amazed me, actually.

Coming to professional astrologers, I have consulted many of them and was thoroughly disappointed. I have talked to many, who have consulted professional astrologers in their city, and they had the same story to tell, that the predictions made to them didn't come true most of the times. It is amazing to hear these stories about astrologers making brilliant predictions, but am yet to come across one so far. I have spent a lot of money consulting astrologers, which was complete waste of money, and time as well, as they predicted worse than what the people on the forum predicts. Maybe I, and my friends, have not been as lucky as you have been to come across good astrologers.
Last edited by basab14 on 20 Jul 2012, edited 1 time in total.
"Go thou and follow Him, who was born and gave His life for others five hundred times before He attained the vision of the Buddha!" -- Swami Vivekananda

2002diksha
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by 2002diksha » 20 Jul 2012

sir,
I think that simply building the knowledge base is not sufficient . A true astrologer applies the theories of astrology with intuition and he analyses every aspect of chart with thorough microscopic angle . It is the experience of the astrologers that count. no can can claim to become astrologer by just going through books and doing a few practices. One needs to have a incisive mind to and the support of God to make his predictions true. had astrology being a easy science then every prediction of any astrologer would have come true. Astrology requires much grit and practice.
regards

krishnagopal1968
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by krishnagopal1968 » 20 Jul 2012

Dear Paro ji,

Your last 3 posts are well written and could touch easily many hearts. Yes i too agree that 90% astrology is in patterns.

Happy to note AB's agreement and surprised to see he too had a good view before.

I wish all good luck to both.

nupur
Contributor
Contributor

Post by nupur » 20 Jul 2012

Well said diksha . Knowledge and intuition are equally imp. for an astrologer. Experience and Grace of God both are needed to make a true prediction.
Hurt me with the TRUTH but never comfort me with a LIE

nelila

Post by nelila » 18 Oct 2015

Yes, I agree that intuition is really important for an astrologer. I read from a book by Bepin Behari that the practice of astrology also depends on the yogi or how developed the soul of the astrologer is. Also charts are sacred and to read them requires time. There could be some details hidden that only a patient and good astrologer could see.