How to use Indu Lagna?

For discussion on aspects, retrograde, combustion, planetary war, vargottama, kuja dosha, alternate lagnas etc.
Forum rules
READ Forum-Wide Rules and Guidelines NOTICE: OFFENSIVE POSTS WILL BE DELETED, AND OFFENDERS WILL HAVE ALL POSTS MODERATED.
GNE
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

How to use Indu Lagna?

Post by GNE » 09 Oct 2014

Hello all,
Hopeing any learned astrologers on here can give their opinions, or let me know exactly how to use Indu Lagna in regards to predictions(wealth?)

I have come across 3 ways to use it (so far) in my online searches...
one and the most popular seems to be using it like a chart, (putting indu lagna's placement as ascendant),
but that confuses me, as though yes it seems to fit many big rich celebrities(bill gates indu lagna in this way is spectacular and makes sense), there are other rich celebrities who seem to have malefics likes 12th lord in ascendant or 2nd house, or 2nd/11th lord from indu lagna in dushanta houses or debilitated and weak, etc..

And coming to charts of friends and family members, indu lagna in this way just hasn't worked most of the time..
one uncle who is not wealthy at all, but taking indu lagna from ascendant he has ascendant lord saturn in aquarius in 2nd house, and 11th lord mars is in ascendant exalted!
Another friend of mine from indu lagna ascendant has 3 planets, and many dhan yogas in 11th house from indu lagna...yet he is 37 and struggling, still living with parents.etc.

Next way I've seen seems more simplified...
just checking what planets are in Indu lagna or aspecting it, or in kendra (or also 2/11?) from it and then saying their Mahadasha's bring wealth, but according to what is promised by the rasi's regular dhan yogas (or lack of).
Some people seem to not bother with "house lords from indu lagna" and give more importance simply to what planets are in or aspecting it (ex: if pisces indu lagna and venus sits in it. that is positive, even though it's 3/8th lord. They simply take it as a benefic + in Indu lagna it will bring wealth during it's time periods).

And final way I've seen is people using Indu Lagna only from the rasi chart.
Not using "indu lagna as an ascedant".
instead judging it from where it is in rasi...ex: in 6,8,12 = negative.
or if indu lagna say is in 7th house with a planet and that planet from rasi is the 2nd or 11th lord, then that promises wealth. As a "money planet" is then associated with Indu lagna.
it doesn't matter if that planet FROM indu lagna as ascendant is a malefic. As long as it's a benefic/money planet from rasi.

.... so with that said, which is correct?
or are neither?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you

scorpqueen

Re: How to use Indu Lagna?

Post by scorpqueen » 25 Oct 2014

find out first Indu Laga..... then see how many planets are aspecting that Indu lagna... more aspect more moeny... thats it .... like in my chart total 4 planets r aspecting my indu lagna ... including ketu... but then i m not Ambani or billgates...
it means never stuck for money....lavish life style and can opt for wat ever i wish to have .... thats it

GNE
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Re: How to use Indu Lagna?

Post by GNE » 25 Oct 2014

Thanks for replying scorpqueen,

Are we talking parashara or jaimini rashi aspects?

In parashara, I have only 2 aspects on it.
in jaimini I have 6 aspects on it...

What confused me is reading books (by BV Raman and other learned astrologers) that mention if any true malefics, like ketu, are in the indu lagna the subject is not very wealthy.
yet I've seen quite a few celebrity charts with this (though this was a while ago, and I did not remember who...) but everyone I checked was worth at least 20 million american dollars.

Though perhaps it's like you said, and not so much about the "amount" of money , but more like how they're life style is? Ex; someone may be worth a lot, but had to struggle for it, and maybe is always in debts, or feels stuck for money..?

Thanks again