Ishta & Kashta Phal question..

For discussion on aspects, retrograde, combustion, planetary war, vargottama, kuja dosha, alternate lagnas etc.
Forum rules
READ Forum-Wide Rules and Guidelines NOTICE: OFFENSIVE POSTS WILL BE DELETED, AND OFFENDERS WILL HAVE ALL POSTS MODERATED.
GNE
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Ishta & Kashta Phal question..

Post by GNE » 19 Jan 2015

Hello all,
I was looking into Ishta and Kashta Phal strength, and noticed that jhora has a couple methods of showing it...
the numbers for each planet change quite a lot between each style. (one is "of parashara" the other is the default that shows in shad bala..) For instance my mercury has 45 ishta in one in the other it shows only 6 ishta and much higher kashta.
Also when I check an astrology report I received a while ago from parashara's light, the Ishta/kashta numbers are all much different than what is shown on jhora. I mean planets with high ishta on jhora then appeared to have low scores and higher kashta from parashara's light..

Are the softwares untrustworthy in calculating these?
Does it take into account the proper Chesta/Uccha bala?
My venus for instance has very high chesta (52 or 13% chesta rashmi) and good uccha(I forgot the number, it was about 40 something).
yet ishta from parashara's light showed: 107 with 365 kashta!
and on jhora using "parashara's" ishta/kashta it was 54 ishta / 6(I think...I forgot, but it was a single digit) kashta.
but other ishta/kashta ranks on jhora show it with only 22 ishta and much higher kashta...

which is correct?

or is it best we calculate this manually. And assume planets well places, that are benefic in benefic houses/signs, and receiving only benefic aspect, and have high chesta bala are going to have high ishta and low kashta, irregardless of what the software says?

Does anyone rely on Ishta/Kashta numbers here?

I've checked dasha of various celebrities with them too and not many matched at all. (ex: very low Ishta of dasha planets during great rises in life or becoming multi millionaires/winning awards ,etc.. )

revribhav
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Re: Ishta & Kashta Phal question..

Post by revribhav » 06 Mar 2015

There are different methods adopted by different softwares.
isht/kasht is one of the many standards/criteria.
More than the chart itself the art of prediction lies in the astrologer's intuitions and experiences.

GNE
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Re: Ishta & Kashta Phal question..

Post by GNE » 08 Mar 2015

I see,
and have been believing for a while now that things like Ishta/Kashta and Shadbala calculations are better done by person/intuition and not relying on softwares 100%. Checking the software to get the jist of what planets may hold higher ratings or lower is okay, but I feel an astrologer would need to use intuition/own calculations to make possible adjustments to scores.

In Jhora my mercury has 2nd lowest shadbala + is under the "required minimum" score given by parashara.
But yet two different astrologers in real life that checked charts using intuition and manual calculations both put mercury as my highest! (well one said it was 2nd highest...but still much much higher than what jhora shows).

actually I noticed many mercury's are very low in jhora (when checking celebrity charts)..as if it jhora calculates something with it incorrectly.
Albert Einstine's mercury scored like mine (fail)...