Number Representing the Planet & the Ruling Planet Number

For discussion on planets, houses, signs, nakshatras, etc.
Forum rules
READ Forum-Wide Rules and Guidelines NOTICE: OFFENSIVE POSTS WILL BE DELETED, AND OFFENDERS WILL HAVE ALL POSTS MODERATED.
Khoo Hock Leong
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number Representing the Planet & the Ruling Planet Number

Post by Khoo Hock Leong » Mon Sep 12, 2016 10:59 am

Hi Learned Members

1 - 1 represents Sun and Sun is the ruling planet of this number as well. This shows why the Sun is never involved in a planetary war.

2 - 2 represents Moon and Moon is the ruling planet of this number as well. This shows why the Moon is never involved in a planetary war.

3 - 3 represents Mars but Jupiter is the ruling planet.

4 - 4 represents Mercury but Rahu is the ruling planet.

5 - 5 represents Jupiter but Mercury is the ruling planet.

6 - 6 represents Venus and Venus is the ruling planet of this number as well - this shows why Venus always wins the planetary war.

7 - 7 represents Saturn but Ketu is the ruling planet.

8 - 8 represents Rahu but Saturn is the ruling planet.

9 - 9 represents Ketu but Mars is the ruling planet.

If you have the planet representing the number in a bhava of that same number, that bhava would flourish to a large extent unless the planet is debilitated severely (meaning close to its deep debilitation point).

If you have the ruling planet for that number in a bhava of that same number, you are adept in handling the matters of that bhava, but the real essence of that bhava tend to be gloss over by you.

If you have both the ruling planet for that number and the planet representing the number in that same bhava, see which is stronger. If the ruling planet is strong, it takes over the affairs of the bhava. If it is the planet that is representing the number that is stronger, the real essence of that bhava is kept in tact. If the node is the ruling planet involved, it can practically trounce the other planet which represents the number, but if that planet is in its own sign, the whole bhava becomes extremely powerful. On the other hand if the node is the planet representing the number whereas the other planet is the ruling planet of that number, the node would not do much harm in the placement of that bhava together with the ruling planet, even if the ruling planet is not well placed by sign in that bhava.

Exampels :

Saturn and Ketu is in my 7th. Here Ketu is the ruling planet for the number '7' but Saturn represents '7'. Here Ketu can potentially trounce Saturn, but since Ketu is a node and the node takes on the colouring of the planet that it conjuncts and the sign it is placed, and since my Saturn is in its own sign Capricorn, the whole bhava becomes extremely powerful.

If you have Mercury in the 4th, '4' being Mercury's number, you are knowledgeable and cultured and respect your clan (but note Mercury is Maraka Kana Stanth here so the attachment to you lineage can be superficial). On the other hand if you have Rahu in the 4th, Rahu being the ruling planet for '4', you tend to stir up things to gain insights of traditional knowledge, but you miss some knowledge that can be gleaned if your attitude had been one that completely accepts what the traditional knowledge source has to say.

The above shows that Venus is not only the guru of the asuras. Venus is also the king and queen of the asuras. That is why Venus is so powerful on the material planet. Although Jupiter is powerful in the spiritual plane, Jupiter still takes orders from the Sun and the Moon, even though Jupiter does have control over its agenda to bring about a more deeper realization of the import of the heavenly spiritual precepts.

Venus is classified as more powerful by Saraveli over Jupiter. I would say Venus is more powerful in getting one's goals reached (the number 6) but Jupiter indicates auspiciousness so that things can be done more easily (the number 5 consisting of the 5 elements in nature).

Best Regards
Hock Leong
Last edited by Khoo Hock Leong on Mon Sep 12, 2016 3:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Khoo Hock Leong
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Re: Number Representing the Planet & the Ruling Planet Numbe

Post by Khoo Hock Leong » Mon Sep 12, 2016 11:07 am

Note the Bhagavan placement of planets are different :

Jupiter in the 5th for virility and power
Jupiter in the 9th for complete and total knowledge perspective of a specific field
Moon in the 4th for luck and auspiciousness
Sun in the 1st for constant wealth
Venus in the 7th for the ability to overcome attachment on material things
Mercury in the 10th for prosperity

Natural malefics other than the Sun, are not involved in the Bhagavan scheme of placement of planets.

Khoo Hock Leong
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Khoo Hock Leong » Mon Sep 12, 2016 11:15 am

By the way I have BOTH Mercury and Rahu in the 4th in D60.

This shows that I am able to tease the canons of traditional knowledge, yet I am able to gain an overall perspective of the full tenets of what the traditional knowledge has to say. Astrological knowledge is an example of traditional knowledge (4th being the 9th of the 8th).

In D60, even the 4th (besides the 8th, 9th and 12th) has to do with past life karma. Most of my astrological knowledge comes from past lives karma via insights.
Last edited by Khoo Hock Leong on Wed Sep 14, 2016 3:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

vj1981
Contributor
Contributor

Post by vj1981 » Tue Sep 13, 2016 6:57 pm

Hello Khoo - Thanks for sharing this knowledge. Please pardon my ignorance but if Venus represents 6th and also rules it then why its placement in 6th(for instance in Scorpio for Gemini Lagna+Rashi) is said to be MaranKaraksthana?

Khoo Hock Leong
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Khoo Hock Leong » Wed Sep 14, 2016 3:04 am

Maraka Kana Stanth acts just like the first trap door where the planet concerned finds it hard to pass through. Just like Venus does not represent work per se. But then if the job is designed in such a way that Venus's creativity comes into full play, then Venus can produce mighty works which blaze the trails of humanity.

Venus is one planet that even Mars himself finds it hard to deal with even in the battlefield. In fact strategy comes under Venus in the 3rd and 3rd is the 10th of the 6th, meaning 3rd stands for exalted battles like Sun Tzu's art of war where deterrence can sometimes be the best medicine.

Vedic Astrology has many facets of looking at things.

By the way the six face Rudraksha bead represents Venus and so does the natural significator for the 6th temporal significator under the Jaimini concept which is GK standing for cousins.

vj1981
Contributor
Contributor

Post by vj1981 » Wed Sep 14, 2016 2:49 pm

Through personal experience I can say that Venus in 6th is not a good position to be in. Although in my case I think it can possibly be attributed to malefic aspects from Mars(4th aspect from Leo), Rahu(5th aspect from Cancer), and Saturn(3rd aspect from Virgo). So if I am not wrong Venus in my case is highly afflicted being in sixth(Scorpio) and due to malefic aspects.Saturn here is a functional benefic and is with Jupiter(in Virgo) so I believe his aspects should be good but Saturn is still a general malefic. Also, please correct me if I am wrong but Venus in a male chart signifies wife and its affliction along with placement has brought both ill health and loads of responsibilities to my wife.

I m currently in Shani MD and Venus AD and can say that the dasha is not good from material point of view. I m struggling in career and not happy generally. So you see I m under the dasha of two functional benefics and still.